SELLING> MANGROVE SHOOTS

• SRC Member

Hey fellow reefers. I’ve a few mangrove shoots for sale.

Utilizing mangrove plants for filtration in a saltwater aquarium, particularly for helping to reduce and control nitrates, is not a new concept. It has been around for quite some time, but few aquarists have known much about it.

Any would like to explore or are looking for a natural method of filtration for their aquariums?

Can give this a try.

$20 for 1 shoot

mangroves in the wild naturally grow in mud, it is not essential for their growth. They can be grown very efficiently in a sump, refugium, or directly in an aquarium. Fed by absorbing nutrients and organic materials from the water, live mangroves naturally create a filter for cleaning water.

https://www.thesprucepets.com/using-mangroves-for-nitrate-reduction-2921269

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This morning while walking along East Coast Beach on my way to Changi beach, I saw a lot of $20 notes lying on the beach.

Am I dreaming or they are mangrove shoots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
This morning while walking along East Coast Beach on my way to Changi beach, I saw a lot of $20 notes lying on the beach.

Am I dreaming or they are mangrove shoots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s practically a gold mine

Applies to those who sell zoa and yuma frag.... Buy 1 colony and frag out to sell. Anyway, willing buyer and willing seller. 

• Like 1

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

A8D71682-0A0A-47E5-AA8D-CA6282D5BD2E.jpg

Also mangroves are really slow nutrient exporters and slow growers in captivity. Chaeto is far superior. The draw is more of aesthetics and novelty factor. Singapore used to host many mangrove colonies and you can find them readily which is probably why LFS don’t stock them. Also they get pretty huge. Not the greatest considering limited space at home for most here.

I needed to plant more than a dozen mangroves to get any sort of nitrate/phosphate control and that’s only for a 1.5ft cube tank with average stocking.

Just my 2c.
Would still plant mangroves cause growing them out with an underwater display would look stunning if you had the space for em

• Like 1

• SRC Member
A8D71682-0A0A-47E5-AA8D-CA6282D5BD2E.thumb.jpg.b17dbf5e81219825f9f57ca6a3256e03.jpg

Also mangroves are really slow nutrient exporters and slow growers in captivity. Chaeto is far superior. The draw is more of aesthetics and novelty factor. Singapore used to host many mangrove colonies and you can find them readily which is probably why LFS don’t stock them. Also they get pretty huge. Not the greatest considering limited space at home for most here.

I needed to plant more than a dozen mangroves to get any sort of nitrate/phosphate control and that’s only for a 1.5ft cube tank with average stocking.

Just my 2c.
Would still plant mangroves cause growing them out with an underwater display would look stunning if you had the space for em

Exactly how I would phrase it. I couldn’t say it any better myself.

Let me add. The airspace above the sumps or iOS are extra space to utilise. By the way your mangrove tank looks great.

Disclaimer: for whose have extra money to spare and would like to give this novelty a try. Do pm me.

• Like 1

• SRC Member
May I ask are yours cultured and not wild caught that’s why price is higher?

Bro. You can sell at any price you want. Can even go pluck and come here post $50-$100/shoot. As Long as people find that its worth it or they are willing to pay, its all good.

Same as, aquarium sell basic fish. Clownfish $2. Some place sell $5 or $10.
You willing to pay for it and happy can le. maybe his inclusive of delivery charge.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

I think alot of people will undercut him..by $1...lol...

Sungei api got lots of 2 to 3 ft young trees
Maybe can sell for $200 each... Lol

Can even catch mud crabs at the same time..

Bro. You can sell at any price you want. Can even go pluck and come here post $50-$100/shoot. As Long as people find that its worth it or they are willing to pay, its all good.

You willing to pay for it and happy can le. maybe his inclusive of delivery charge.

• SRC Member
I think alot of people will undercut him..by $1...lol...

Sungei api got lots of 2 to 3 ft young trees

Maybe can sell for $200 each... Lol

Can even catch mud crabs at the same time..

Just don’t get caught plucking rooted mangroves can alr.. later kena $5k fine like the Bangla who plucked a leaf at botanic garden. Buy the $20 mangrove seed pod better

• SRC Member

Thanks for the investment tips bro. Will certainly consider.