Bubble algae

• SRC Member

You can try emerald crabs to control it. Also can remove it manually with tweezers. Just use caution not to break bubbles in your tank otherwise you will release spores and make the situation worse. If you can remove affected rocks and remove bubbles outside of your tank this is less risk of unintentionally releasing spores. Bubble algae can take a while to completely eradicate and may require frequent maintenance over several weeks. There are likely many spores which you can’t see in your tank waiting to grow into visible bubbles.
Also keeping nitrates and phosphates low will deprive algae of nutrients to grow. Reducing lighting schedule may also help but could have unintended consequences for your corals.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
You can try emerald crabs to control it. Also can remove it manually with tweezers. Just use caution not to break bubbles in your tank otherwise you will release spores and make the situation worse. If you can remove affected rocks and remove bubbles outside of your tank this is less risk of unintentionally releasing spores. Bubble algae can take a while to completely eradicate and may require frequent maintenance over several weeks. There are likely many spores which you can’t see in your tank waiting to grow into visible bubbles.
Also keeping nitrates and phosphates low will deprive algae of nutrients to grow. Reducing lighting schedule may also help but could have unintended consequences for your corals.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app
Thanks! Let me try emerald crabs. I tried removing some of the rocks then realized it has over grown to so many places. Can't remove all the rocks wo affecting the corals. Will try reducing the lighting schedule too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
Some reefs in Sg had bad experience of sps suffering coz of vibrant, just be cautious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh ok. Noted. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...