My new 10G tank

szesteve

• SRC Member
aWw.. dun think this kind of shelf can hold the weight of ur tank once it's fully stocked.. those wood are light..

Thanks for your concern buddy,

I was out looking for a suitable stand but realised that some of the aquarium stands are even weaker than the one i got.

The one i got is really solid....at first i was worried of the top plank too, but it's pretty good. I'll see how it goes. If it starts sagging, then i'll change the stand... :thanks:

• SRC Member

I'm actually in Canada right now...We're using the 2 pin sockets...No ground pin...

Now that makes sense. You should be able to get better equipment than most of us here. Get what you can while you are there before coming back! ;)

Comments are welcome!

Hello Szesteve.... Canada you say?

Wow... kinda far away from Singapore!! Do you hang out at Reef Central? There are many Canadians there and may offer you advice, tips and would have many things in common with you... locality, LFS info etc.

We'll be ready to help you out... have you taken a look at the pinned up links in the New to the Hobby Forum? There's a LOT of good info there that will be very useful to you! :)

AT

• SRC Member

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I'm actually from Singapore...Just came here 8 months ago after ORD. Now studying.

My tank is in the basement where the room temperature is around 24 degrees now in summer....So I'm guessing i may need a heater in winter... :D

Say, do i need a refugium?

• SRC Member

I'm actually in Canada right now...We're using the 2 pin sockets...No ground pin...

how's the price over there? equipments.. ls..lr..etc..

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

Stuff are definitely slightly more expensive than back home.

E.g. eheim 2213 costs about 169.99 plus tax so adds up to be about 180++

I have a 4ft arowana tank too and the arowana itself is like double the price compared to back home.

• SRC Member
if u need a heater.... i think u can run metal hailides w/o worrying for a chiller ;):lol::lol::lol:

I don't think i'll be going with MH, probably power compact, BUT I have no idea how many watts to go for.

Any suggestions?

• SRC Member

depends what u keep, get either 55w pl or 2x55w pl,

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

Cool,

Thanks everyone.

I just added :

1) 50W heater to stop temp fluctuations

2) some more LR to cover up the heater

3) ordered a Coralife 50/50 power compact 1 x 96W light with fans

Since the fan will only arrive in 2 weeks, can't add anything into my tank. So once the lights come, it'll have been 4 weeks since my tank started cycling which will be PERFECT. :D

Then, I can add 1 coral. :wub:

• SRC Member
Its very dangerous without a ground component in your socket. Better get your gear plugged to a good circuit breaker. :cry:

Hi magern,

Please explain this ground circuit thing. I know in Singapore we have a ground pin but here all our plugs don't have the ground pin.

From what i know, noone uses any ground circuit breakers.

• SRC Member

do post a pic of your tank when all the things are there ;)

SBS_Transit