Does Algae Turf Scrubber better than chaeto?High No3 (25) low PO4-0.03

Muw

• SRC Member

for cheato also depends on light and spectrum and area of exposure, get those blue red grow lights, and higher power one, also try max out ur cheato exposure by spreading across the surface to max out light adsorption since cheato always float to surface. this is for fuge, if u going reactor route should have no problem

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• Like 1

• SRC Member
for cheato also depends on light and spectrum and area of exposure, get those blue red grow lights, and higher power one, also try max out ur cheato exposure by spreading across the surface to max out light adsorption since cheato always float to surface. this is for fuge, if u going reactor route should have no problem

What ATS do you have? Where did you buy it from?
For the blue red lights how many wats should i look for?

• SRC Member

What ATS do you have? Where did you buy it from?
For the blue red lights how many wats should i look for?

if got budget and space can buy from US online santa monica ats, if no money go taobao search, but the lights included is most likely cmi, the light wattage i tink depends on ur bioload and feeding schedule, i currently using 45w light. go youtube check out diy ATS, if u good at DIY, can copy.. if u bery free also see how they explain fuge lighting, really need strong light lah, otherwise how to outcompete display tank light lol...

• SRC Member

alternative is go pasar malam see if ppl let go cheato reactor... from wat i see fellow reefer harvest from reactor is thick and lush, is good option imo, but u need to look out for the light i recommend should radiate from center, i got DIY before using two little fishy phosban reactor and just shine light from outside, not very good cos green hair algae start growing on the reactor wall and block the light...my 2 cents lah..

• Like 1

• SRC Member

if got budget and space can buy from US online santa monica ats, if no money go taobao search, but the lights included is most likely cmi, the light wattage i tink depends on ur bioload and feeding schedule, i currently using 45w light. go youtube check out diy ATS, if u good at DIY, can copy.. if u bery free also see how they explain fuge lighting, really need strong light lah, otherwise how to outcompete display tank light lol...

True.. thank you so much for the detailed info..

Do read up santa Monica thread. He did explain difference between ats and chaeto. 

• Like 1

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler