Hang on refugium

ReefRap

Hi guys, just a question to anyone using this kind of fuge, how do u keep the chaeto moving in the small area? Mine is just stagnant and now got other algae growing on top of my chaeto. Like forming a layer of different algae on surface.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

I also have a similar fuge setup. Honestly the flow going through is minimal because it uses an airpump to create air bubbles lifting a small amount of water through the tiny fuge. The chaeto’s growth for mine is stagnant. I currently just use it as a holding tank for sexy shrimp

1 hour ago, iwantreefs said:

I also have a similar fuge setup. Honestly the flow going through is minimal because it uses an airpump to create air bubbles lifting a small amount of water through the tiny fuge. The chaeto’s growth for mine is stagnant. I currently just use it as a holding tank for sexy shrimp emoji23.png

Cool. I wanted to use it to breed pods though but i feel like its too small. Tried once, but all my pods disappeared after few days

Cool. I wanted to use it to breed pods though but i feel like its too small. Tried once, but all my pods disappeared after few days

You can try putting some small rocks and crushed coral chips inside! Cos I actually have like a population of bristle worms, amphipods and copepods inside maybe drop some pellets once a month!
IMG_1754.JPG

5 minutes ago, iwantreefs said:

You can try putting some small rocks and crushed coral chips inside! Cos I actually have like a population of bristle worms, amphipods and copepods inside emoji23.png maybe drop some pellets once a month!
IMG_1754.JPG

Alright. Will try it next time. Thanks!