Jump to content

D.G New Place New Start Up


D.G

Recommended Posts

Hi all..

Will be moving to a new place and so will be restarting my tank.

As I am intending to move my life stock over to my new place, I will have to continue to run my existing 6 feet tank till my new tank is stable enough to move them.

New tank will be 7.5ft x 2ft x 2.5ft.

3 view partition tank.

Tank and cabinet is up already, willl post some pictures of the build.

Comments are welcomed, Thanks!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope you factor maintenance access space, especially the side facing the kitchen. The design also factored Yr lightset mounting? 

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Link to post
Share on other sites

U went shopping with him at coral Farm recently? Lol

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look like an epic built in progress. Camping here.

Display Tank : 48" x 22" x 22" Bean Animal CTC overflow box design, custom built by Aquarium Iwarna.

Sump : 37" x 20" x 18" inspired by Royal Exclusiv Dream box & Trigger Systems Tideline Series sump designs, custom built by Aquarium Iwarna.

Lightings : Inled R80 x 3 with 2  x Illumagic Vitamini Super Actinic LED Striplight Bars.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Maxspect Jump MJ-GF4K, Jebao SLW-30M & SLW-20M Wave Pump.

Water Top Up: Reef Octopus ATO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did without ventilation like yours initially. The water will condense on the top of the cupboard. I had to send my cupboard doors back to the carpenter to cut some ventilation

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Clement Chen said:

I did without ventilation like yours initially. The water will condense on the top of the cupboard. I had to send my cupboard doors back to the carpenter to cut some ventilation

That's good,  this will prevent light set from overheating too

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Solo77 said:

Hope you factor maintenance access space, especially the side facing the kitchen. The design also factored Yr lightset mounting? 

Yeah the top panel door can be opened from both sides and definitely gotta stand on the counter top when doing any maintenance. 

Yup will be using back my Hydra 52s & Hydra 52HDs.. no worries with light set mounting..

Top shelving will be where the adaptors and wires will run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JiaEn said:

That's good,  this will prevent light set from overheating too

 

5 hours ago, JiaEn said:

Do take into account for the heat generated by light set in the enclosed hood. Maybe u want to build in some ventilation 

 

4 hours ago, Clement Chen said:

I did without ventilation like yours initially. The water will condense on the top of the cupboard. I had to send my cupboard doors back to the carpenter to cut some ventilation

Yeah I thought long and hard about the ventilation issues..

I had the same worry when i was starting my 6 footer which also has the same enclosed design from 3-4 yrs back.

 

Thought about installing ventilation fans and cutting slits for ventilation but I've never had any problem with overheating lights and condensation though.

Maybe its because I keep opening and closing the top hood panels to feed and maintain from the top??

 

For this new tank the top can be opened from both sides so 4 hood panels can be opened up and I've designed the hinges to protrude out a bit so in a way there would be a long slit on the very top for ventilation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aquaroche Rocks Overkill..

Bought too much.. overestimated the size of my tank and underestimated the size of these rocks!!!

Will have to let go of around 1/2 of these rocks. All are so beautiful and natural looking don't know which to keep in my tank.. 

Will let go at my cost price. Feel free to PM me if you're interested..

IMG_20191021_145306.thumb.jpg.aa8525a6c489812a46519d426aca9e64.jpgIMG_20191021_145236.thumb.jpg.a826dceecb4413ab84e378e7c3581753.jpgIMG_20191021_145248.thumb.jpg.043665dc52088d7b5ff28328033baeb4.jpgIMG_20191021_145221.thumb.jpg.80fe8ebe515fc967b6053d5df7430c85.jpgIMG_20191021_224759.thumb.jpg.1c58c7d4e508ed3e8f8f7121069942eb.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, D.G said:

 

 

Yeah I thought long and hard about the ventilation issues..

I had the same worry when i was starting my 6 footer which also has the same enclosed design from 3-4 yrs back.

 

Thought about installing ventilation fans and cutting slits for ventilation but I've never had any problem with overheating lights and condensation though.

Maybe its because I keep opening and closing the top hood panels to feed and maintain from the top??

 

For this new tank the top can be opened from both sides so 4 hood panels can be opened up and I've designed the hinges to protrude out a bit so in a way there would be a long slit on the very top for ventilation.

That's sounds good. I suspect I had the problem of light overheating because the hood compartment is small and quite well sealed. 

If have enough volume in the hood like you., probably will be much better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JiaEn said:

That's sounds good. I suspect I had the problem of light overheating because the hood compartment is small and quite well sealed. 

If have enough volume in the hood like you., probably will be much better. 

I see.. yeah in that case that's probably why the lights overheated.

The volume of the top compartment definitely plays a big part to the accumulation of heat in the area. 

I was really trying to avoid cutting ventilation slits on the cabinet doors as I do not like to see the lights coming through the slits.

Hopefully the makeshift slit on the top does its job and with frequent maintenance of the tank daily, the build up heat if any should dissipate without any issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Piping works are done up too..

Time to select the rocks for my rockscape. 

Tentatively rocks and sand going in today and tmr.. 

Water in on Sat.. Then the cycling shall begin..

Will be a full Zeovit system, same as my previous tank..

IMG_20191023_114656.thumb.jpg.78754bfa632d69deac98e825ce1481c0.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...