Bta help

Your light may have been too strong 
Im using med powered lights. I do have a wavemaker and when i switch it on, the bta hides at the back. Also, i feed it a mix of rotifiers and phytoplankton.

My tank has a nitrate spike some how and not sure from where. Ammonia is at 0.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

It looks completely bleached out(symbiotic algae that makes it able to photosynthesize all gone) so it can’t get energy like most anemones always would- through light

Its always hiding and i feed it rotifiers and phytoplankton though.

When you bought it was it already this whitish like this? Or did the colors change

It was greenish with the bubble tips. Nw it always hides at the back. Nt sure because of all the water changes as im trying to bring the nitrates down from 50ppm. Every 2 days i do 20% water change but not moving.

It looks completely bleached out(symbiotic algae that makes it able to photosynthesize all gone) so it can’t get energy like most anemones always would- through light

Finally got a pic of it after i switched off my wave maker and it shifted. Seems partially meltedIMG-20191103-WA0001.jpeg

• SRC Member

My suggestion is to transfer it into a float bowl or fish trap box and nurse it back to health.
I had a similar situation and it floated into my wave maker when I was at work. It killed itself in the wm and my tank was cloudy and had a smell.
I had a hard time with the massive water change after that. Luckily no casualty with the other livestock in the DT.

My suggestion is to transfer it into a float bowl or fish trap box and nurse it back to health.
I had a similar situation and it floated into my wave maker when I was at work. It killed itself in the wm and my tank was cloudy and had a smell.
I had a hard time with the massive water change after that. Luckily no casualty with the other livestock in the DT.

I switched off the wavemaker already as it didnt like the flow and always squeezes behind the rocks. Now that it shifted out, looks terrible. I don't have any suction for the anemone to commit suicide. Not sure how to nurse it back to health, i feed it rotifiers and phytoplankton 2 to 3 times a week. Do i need to feed meaty food and where do I get them? The shopkeeper told me not to feed market prawns.

• SRC Member
It was greenish with the bubble tips. Nw it always hides at the back. Nt sure because of all the water changes as im trying to bring the nitrates down from 50ppm. Every 2 days i do 20% water change but not moving.

besides high nitrates, what are ur other parameters? KH calcium phosphate? u can try a very small piece scallop see if it would take. seems bleached out. the tentacle count got drop? my one last time also like tat, it eats its own tentacle until almost “botak”. read somewhere its eating own tentacle for sustaining.

besides high nitrates, what are ur other parameters? KH calcium phosphate? u can try a very small piece scallop see if it would take. seems bleached out. the tentacle count got drop? my one last time also like tat, it eats its own tentacle until almost “botak”. read somewhere its eating own tentacle for sustaining.

Ammonia near 0. Kh normally 8 to 10. Never really tested the others as im using jirehs additives. Not sure about phosphates also. What kind of scallop do you feed it. Those cooked frozen ones and how do you feed it?

• SRC Member

If you bought it and it looked pale already. Chances are it was already dying to begin with. The whiter it gets, the less likely it’s gonna make it- whether or not you feed it. Since the symbiotic algae within its tissue that it needs for energy is entirely gone

If you bought it and it looked pale already. Chances are it was already dying to begin with. The whiter it gets, the less likely it’s gonna make it- whether or not you feed it. Since the symbiotic algae within its tissue that it needs for energy is entirely gone

Looks like this. Really seems to be eating its tentacles. Maybe i trying feeding it every alt day20191103_201219.jpeg

• SRC Member

Ammonia near 0. Kh normally 8 to 10. Never really tested the others as im using jirehs additives. Not sure about phosphates also. What kind of scallop do you feed it. Those cooked frozen ones and how do you feed it?

its best you check all the parameters to find out root cause. My 1st anemone was killed by me when i put in my nano tank when its quite new, most likely killed by the instability...as for scallops i buy frozen from ntuc, but feed it small pieces and observe if it will take, if not take most likely will GG, if take then probably u need take it slow, alt days i tink too much, probably once a week and observe.