Simple 30cm nano cube

RayTCZ

I've always love small tanks. I like the ease of setting 1 up, easy to stock and how affordable it can be.

I had this 10L pico for slightly more than a year. I love this tank but was never satisfied with the flow. Couldn't add a wm during to space and also cannot find 1 that is low powered enough for this tank.

Maintainance was also difficult due to space constraints. I would always knock over scape and corals when I need to stick my hands in the tank. It would also overflow when I did that.

Slowly, I have the thought of changing to a slightly bigger tank. I could also reuse slinky equipments.

20200116_221653.jpeg20200119_144531.jpeg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• Like 1

Most of the time, I rush into setting a tank up with whatever I have. This time, I decided I want to scape it nicely and do thing slowly.

Since i have an unopened caribsea liverock fragzone lying around, I decided I shall slowly use it to glue up a rock scape.

I've also decided I will use a 30cm cube tank, and started scaping over a 30x30cm piece of paper.20200301_193957.jpeg20200301_200314.jpeg20200301_200502.jpeg

This is the next morning after the setup. Added some easy corals to give some life to the tank.

Do take note that filter and water were from an established tank. This is why I could stock up the tank immediately. For people who is may try to do the same, you will have to cycle the tank before adding any livestock.20200308_122454.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So here's a little about the tank and equipments.

30cm crystal glass cube tank
Ai prime HD
Hagen aquaclear20(broke down)/Fluval c3 hang on filter
Jebao sw2 wave maker
Tunze osmolator nano (auto topup)
ANS1000 fan
Kamoer X1 doser

Despite my title saying this is a simple tank, I know some.of the listed equipments are not cheap. Most of these equipments are spares. So I basically just threw them all together and set up this tank.

I do not need a chiller for a small tank like this because i can easily keep it cool enough with a fan. But with running a fan, the evaporation would be very high, so an Auto Top Off system becomes an essential for the tank to keep the water parameters stable. Without the ato, I would have to worry about salinity swing daily.

For the doser, I could have done without it. But because I am a very lazy reefer, I decided to jump get this very cheap doser. Just so indo not need to mess with the tank daily.

20200502_193128.jpeg

• SRC Member
So here's a little about the tank and equipments.

30cm crystal glass cube tank
Ai prime HD
Hagen aquaclear20(broke down)/Fluval c3 hang on filter
Jebao sw2 wave maker
Tunze osmolator nano (auto topup)
ANS1000 fan
Kamoer X1 doser

Despite my title saying this is a simple tank, I know some.of the listed equipments are not cheap. Most of these equipments are spares. So I basically just threw them all together and set up this tank.

I do not need a chiller for a small tank like this because i can easily keep it cool enough with a fan. But with running a fan, the evaporation would be very high, so an Auto Top Off system becomes an essential for the tank to keep the water parameters stable. Without the ato, I would have to worry about salinity swing daily.

For the doser, I could have done without it. But because I am a very lazy reefer, I decided to jump get this very cheap doser. Just so indo not need to mess with the tank daily.

20200502_193128.thumb.jpeg.a20a21c92d7c5b4fc339a170bc2c15aa.jpeg

cool cost-savvy setup. what are you dosing with the kamoer?

Pretty cool idea using frag zone rubbles to build ur rockscape. 

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 3 weeks later...

27 mar 2020

Disaster struck! My HOB filter died while I was at work.

Luckily I have a wavemaker in the tank and there was still circulation and surface movement. Also lucky for me, I have a spare HOB filter. Corals were all not affected during this little setback. 

20200405_115519.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Can share how many ml you dose all for reef daily? If I dose manually, is giving the whole daily intake at one shot is okay?
Dosage is dependent on your tank size and coral consumption. You have to keep testing and adjusting according to your own tank. I don't think you can ask someone about how much he dose for his tank.

• 1 month later...