Reef Wonder Mini

• SRC Member
Just need to be on stand by to qt and also a cover for the tank... My AT jump out... First time hear lorh... So sad

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

that’s rough.. sorry for your loss. heart pain sia.. AT somemore. them being the same genus probably made it worse

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

was wondering why the ph of the cr does not drop even when the carbon doser is running... thanks to the apex who monitor and control my cr ph level...

thus i run a line trace...and found the leakage point at the connection of the check valve.... 

redid my co2 line and all is fixed and well now...

with my alkatronic monitoring my dkh.... i can control the duration and how the dkh jumps...

so looking forward to getting a stable dkh tune in with alkatronic and apex running hand in hand...

• SRC Member

Using the 3d printer to print the supporting bracket to hold up the light arm as I have added additional stuff to a light arm which is meant for just one light fixture...

Added it so that the arm will not have too much strain on the clamp for the light arm on the glass.. and also allow a more stable fixture...

The wonders of an 3d printer... Is you can customise anything which u can design out...7aca8987028ac9f4bc9d081a9c851c85.jpgb143a3ed380983bfe3ed0d3510022f04.jpg

• SRC Member

This is a prototype, thus only one was printed to test out the sizing and concept... So I will print and add more to hold it steady

Try it out and the light is already giving the tank a brighter overall feel... Thanks to RMS for the illumagic Vitamini.. the size and form factor is gooda715bd41b1740db26be4195f31a6bec2.jpg5c216b593ba188bd4ee8d3d614441024.jpg

• SRC Member

Over the last few days I have noticed that my alkatronic was stable at 7plus then all of the sudden a drop... To 4dkh..

Did a run, and observed that the pump A tube is leaking air thus the volume taken in via the Perks tubing is below the usual volume of 50ml

The tubing is original from the factory thus it is overdue for replacement...

Change out the tubing and realised that the dkh of 9.1 is where my tank dkh is at... So I knw that my original setup dkh of my tank was the correct one..

so I think routine checks on equipment is important..

• SRC Supporter
1 hour ago, Daniel Poh Yang Zheng said:

Added another light bar to my tank

Diy a holder for the light barc92f6624ed74613ef3021bfeb3863b83.jpg

Looks good. How is the material holding up to the heat?

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member

1467897824_Screenshot2020-05-08at9_23_31PM.thumb.png.77f21dc8e828ffaccb220943e8d70cfc.png

Loving this system....able to ensure i can keep track of my system without having physically around...

Will be installing Water Leak Detector in the days to come to help to ensure no major water leakage due to equipment failure...

will look for float value to link it into breakout box...

• SRC Supporter

This is a very good idea !

DIY add-on to my Overflow area...

Manage to print a Durso covercap to ensure a quiet overflow without the gurgling

So Far, my overflow is quiet... default_smile.png 8b118fe2eb367bcc536bf0fdcc913886.jpga3a55f2b6de180fbbc74c6c26f10f5b4.jpge83e3b0d4ff7e4bfd199be9b8fdcf957.jpg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

Ran into some issue with my alkatronic...

Manage to reflash the firmware software...and I manage to solve all the issue...

So a brand-new recalibration for pump a and c...

And let's see how things goes...

• SRC Member
Nice 3D printing there. I'm wondering, why not just mount the light onto the shelf instead? Couple L brackets can do the job.
I don't really wanna destroy the shelving... And the shelve isn't solid wood, so may run into delamination in future... So yup... Less risky :)

• SRC Member

Did a recalibration of alkatronic and ph probe too as the dkh values keep on moving around...

So change out the tubing once again and did a full calibration...

Right now trying to see what I can do...

No3 is at 10ppm
Po4 is at 11ppb which is like 0.034

Abit out of sync...

SPS start to show Abit of stress...

Trying to stablise my tank :)

• Like 1

• SRC Member

3/4 of my SPS is having the effect of the water property swing...
Burn Tips to StN to algae at the tip...

So there isn't much we can do now but to wait for the values to stabilize and also lower the intensity of the light...

Po4: 13ppb - 0.04ppm
No3: 5 to 6ppm

Dosing Bacteria and Amino Acid in hope for recovery of sps

• SRC Member

was talking to some experienced reefer... and decided that i should do a recovery test for my tank...

lately my tank has experienced both a alk spike and also high light par due to extra changes to the tank and also not knowing the full parameters of the tank...and maybe at the same time with some bleaching ongoing...added some form of stress to the tank...

so i am dosing heavily on Bacteria and also Coral food in hope that the tank will slowly recover....

• SRC Member
Burn tip can cause due to Low nutrients and high Kh and dosing bacteria will further cause burn tips and stn of ur Kh is too high.
What is ur Kh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am dosing amino to up my nutrient... Kh is abt 7.9 to 8.2