Growing zoas vertically

chocolate98

• SRC Member

Started this DIY project quite long ago as I ran out of space to grow my zoas collection. This design allows me to hang my zoas vertically against the glass. Moreover, the zoas grown on the square bases are removable.

The items needed to do these are:

1) Acrylic sheet

2) Acrylic bolts and nuts

3) 5cm x 5cm Square bases

The links to get them:

1) Acrylic sheet can be purchased from dama or art friend

2) Bolts n nuts

https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6fWA0M

3) Square bases

https://m.ezbuy.sg/product/50000022576630?src=Background

Here's some pictures. Before and after.IMG_20200421_213646.jpegIMG_20200421_213702.jpeg

IMG_20200422_095617_060.jpegIMG_20200422_095620_126.jpegIMG_20200422_095614_708.jpeg

So I asked a favour to help cut out the acrylic pieces shown above and sandwiched the square bases using the bolt and nut. More of a picture frame concept.

All in all, I feel it's a success. However, i personally feel it depends on the type of zoas that you plan to grow as the acrylic is mounted vertically, the lower part will not receive as much light as the top part. Hence, I would not recommend to place zoas with smaller polyps at the bottom nor use micro sized zoas for this project as light is a limiting factor.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

+27790293623 in Bring back lost lover / love spell caster IN Kimberley , Kirkwood , Klerksdorp , Knysna , Kokstad , Komga ,Kroonstad ,Kuruman , Lady frère

2. 0

SPELL CASTER +27790293623]] ╬ TRADITIONAL HEALER/ SPIRITUAL HEALER IN Durban , Durban North , East Rand , Edenvale , Elliot , Empangeni , Engcobo , Estcourt , Flagstaff , Four ways , Gauteng , George , germiston , greytown , Harrismith , Heidelberg , Henn

3. 0

SPELL CASTER +27790293623]] ╬ TRADITIONAL HEALER/ SPIRITUAL HEALER IN British, Lichtenburg, Orkney, swiss reneke, outing, Stella, Mtata, Butterworth, Komani, Mount aylif, Libode, Mother Well, Tsomo, Khayelitsha, Langa, Delft, Mfuleni, Philipi, Cradock, 9

4. 0

SPELL CASTER +27790293623]] ╬ TRADITIONAL HEALER/ SPIRITUAL HEALER IN Bronkhorstspruit , Burgersdorp, South africa, Butterworth , Caledon , Camperdown , Cape town , Carltonville , Centurion , citrusdal , Clocolan , Cofimvaba , Cradock , Creighton , Cullin