yakh0o's Reefing Journey

yakh0o

R u able harvest the larvae into a separate setup?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

No, I am not sure it is safe to siphon it now. Tonight is day 8 and I just started culture rotifers today. The person provided the rotifers to me told me to use torch light to lure them to a corner then siphon out when they turn to fry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yakh0o said:

No, I am not sure it is safe to siphon it now. Tonight is day 8 and I just started culture rotifers today. The person provided the rotifers to me told me to use torch light to lure them to a corner then siphon out when they turn to fry.

Guess it’s gonna be a long nite for u. Gd luck with the fries.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 3 weeks later...

Just sharing the Percula clown fish laid eggs in front of me and here is the video showing how they lay eggs!

They really lay to the same spot. But I failed to make the 1st and 2nd batch larvae survive. First batch larvae hatch at night which is too late for me to wait ( I waited until 2am then just go to sleep). Then for 2nd batch, I tried to move the rock out, but I am too careless, when  moving the rock out, but I forgot to fill water to the container use to hold it, then when I just walk to kitchen to get something and come back, a lot larvae disappear...I guess other fish come to eat them when the 2 clown not beside them....feel sorry to them....and what a stupid mistake I did....

Now I placed flat frag disk beside and hopefully it will lays on the flat frag disk.

• SRC Member
This is how the art corner for my wife and I in our simple house.
Her art includes whole world of the sea, my art only within the RedSea... :P
created_image_1588173617500.thumb.png.7f0667e2cc3c0a737de61ffdee3f8391.png

lovely little section of your house! both can spend time in the same space admiring each other’s work. love it :)

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...