DIY Acclimate / Top Up Water container

yakh0o

Just sharing a very easy and cheap DIY Acclimate / Top Up Water container.

When you finished your redsea carbon / any container, don't throw it. You can recycle it to become the DIY Acclimate / Top Up Water container.

Just use something sharp (like below) to make a small hole at the bottom and slowly increase the size of the hole until the Plastic Water Tube Control Valve can fit the hole.

20200426_002410.jpg.5248fd6a772f9f3da7c212d58b105224.jpg

This is the DIY Acclimate / Top Up Water container. I am using it to top up RO water to my QT tank.

created_image_1587824239411.thumb.png.1132db6945b5db67c5a4d3fc0d2fc8c6.png

When getting new coral or fish, first I will put the coral / fish in a small container (container pack food from hawker), then fill the DIY Acclimate / Top Up Water container with my tank water, and drip the water into the small container by adjusting the valve control.

For coral, once the water dripped to the container, I will separate 50% to another container, then add coral-rx coral dip to the 1st container to dip the new coral, and use the water in the 2nd container to wash the coral after dipped with coral-rx.

The Plastic Water Tube Control Valve can easily get at any LFS or (Clementi C328), it is only SGD 1 to 2.

• Like 1