Ban of all live stock sales/Request during Post CB phase 1

• Admin

Dear Members, 

we have been notified by authority that ALL LIVE STOCK SALES / TRADING in the forum is still prohibited during this Post CB phase one , following all local LFS / Pet Shop directive set forward. 

Thus temporary all live stocks ( Corals /Fishes ) is NOT Allowed in the pasa malam section. 

Thank you for your co-operation. 

** All live stocks related post (Sale/Request) will be automatically remove during this period without notice ** 

Lol.... Wait full ban... 

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• thomas_lim changed the title to Ban of all live stock sales/Request during Post CB phase 1
  • SRC Member
8 hours ago, thomas_lim said:

I guess it is single policy for all. Whether your are LFS or forum.
Like what Indeco exactly pointed out.. "Essential" or not.

Yup totally understand the need to align between LFS and forum. 

I think the thing that some cannot understand (doesn't mean don't want to understand) and are curious about is the principle between differentiating equipment and livestock. It's strange that we can go down physically to a LFS or fellow reefer's house to buy an equipment but cannot buy livestock.

Maybe because livestock has a certain risk of spreading the virus? Or the more possible reason could be that purchase of equipment happens less frequently than livestock? 

That said, I am in full support of the forum being aligned to the government! :)

• Moderators
6 hours ago, titustitus said:

Yup totally understand the need to align between LFS and forum. 

I think the thing that some cannot understand (doesn't mean don't want to understand) and are curious about is the principle between differentiating equipment and livestock. It's strange that we can go down physically to a LFS or fellow reefer's house to buy an equipment but cannot buy livestock.

Maybe because livestock has a certain risk of spreading the virus? Or the more possible reason could be that purchase of equipment happens less frequently than livestock? 

That said, I am in full support of the forum being aligned to the government! :)

I believe the reason being livestock people will want to see and select taking a lot more time at the LFS/shop while hardware is you take and go and like you mentioned.
We don't buy hardware regularly.  Some people I know like to visit LFS/shop at least 2 to 3 times coz nothing to do. That's before this Covid situation.
Technically, we are not suppose to go to reefer's house and we should be using courier if you follow strictly and this should be the option.
Coz remember this is non essential meetup and the person might be fine for such act.
LFS/shop are basically opened to sell the fish food/medication which we needed with a safe distancing measure.

• Like 3

Tom

• SRC Member
23 hours ago, thomas_lim said:

I believe the reason being livestock people will want to see and select taking a lot more time at the LFS/shop while hardware is you take and go and like you mentioned.
We don't buy hardware regularly.  Some people I know like to visit LFS/shop at least 2 to 3 times coz nothing to do. That's before this Covid situation.
Technically, we are not suppose to go to reefer's house and we should be using courier if you follow strictly and this should be the option.
Coz remember this is non essential meetup and the person might be fine for such act.
LFS/shop are basically opened to sell the fish food/medication which we needed with a safe distancing measure.

It really depends on how things are being managed. Livestock can also be delivered. If the sale of equipment are allowed, some folks may want it to be tested before purchasing, so there is physical interaction. Allowing one but denying the other doesn't make any sense, that is why I'm curious on the logic behind selective prohibition.    

• Moderators
2 hours ago, peacemaker said:

It really depends on how things are being managed. Livestock can also be delivered. If the sale of equipment are allowed, some folks may want it to be tested before purchasing, so there is physical interaction. Allowing one but denying the other doesn't make any sense, that is why I'm curious on the logic behind selective prohibition.    

Guess the only way to find out the exact reason behind is to write to Npark or MTI like Harlequinmania mentioned.
Any volunteer?

Tom

• SRC Member
15 hours ago, thomas_lim said:

Guess the only way to find out the exact reason behind is to write to Npark or MTI like he mentioned.
Any volunteer?

Is Npark the right organization to ask? I wouldn't mind dropping an email 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, titustitus said:

Is Npark the right organization to ask? I wouldn't mind dropping an email 

I believe this Covid situation is control by MTI. You can try calling them or email them to ask how they control each business.
Just my guess, no harm asking.

• Thanks 1

Tom

• SRC Member

Quote from NEA website: "The retail and online sale of animals, including viewing, bidding/auction, collection, delivery and reservation, is not allowed to discourage impulse buying of animals." :lol:

Source: https://www.nparks.gov.sg/-/media/avs/resources/vet-licensing/animal-related-faqs-for-covid-19-(post-circuit-breaker-phase-one)_5-june.pdf?la=en&hash=07EDA3274082C55DCBB1AF4E99D0C42E494087D3

• SRC Member
21 hours ago, peedeers said:

Its not difficult to understand. Food and equipment are essential. If a pump breaks down then your livestock will die. Buying new live stock is not essential. Hence the difference.

Depends on the context. I would agree that what you mentioned applies to LFSs, but not so much for forum sales. A quick browse will tell you most items on sale right now are non essential. 

• SRC Member

Anyways, it is not my intention to get this forum to shut down. Life must go on... we just need to take the necessary precautions. Just felt that it was conflicting that the sale of non life stock items are allowed while life stock are not allowed is all.    

• SRC Member

there is no point writing in to NPark cos I have already done that & never got any reply

starfish is considered livestock but yet, it is also considered food source to harlequin shrimps
so if cannot buy starfish, those tat keep harlequin gonna die

wrote in but they never bother 2 respond

• Haha 1

• SRC Member
there is no point writing in to NPark cos I have already done that & never got any reply 

starfish is considered livestock but yet, it is also considered food source to harlequin shrimps

so if cannot buy starfish, those tat keep harlequin gonna die

wrote in but they never bother 2 respond

you could try enquiring with ava. nparks is the wrong organization to ask imo. either way the most we can do at the moment is trade at our own discretion and take precautions. a lot is uncertain at this juncture too so the best we can do is wait, make do or improvise

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app