'Critter Corner' my 25G lagoon tank

Hello fellow reefers,

I'm excited to finally start my reefing journey! I've been into freshwater planted tanks for awhile and been wanting to start on a reef tank but haven't found the time and the initial start up cost was very intimidating. While in phase 1 of circuit breaker, I happened to chanced upon a deal too good to pass up from a fellow reefer who was decommissioning his set up and so my journey begins. 
I enjoy geeking out on equipments a reefing definitely falls into that category of endless equipments to try out. This is going to be a lot of fun!

So here's a list of my equipment followed by some photos:
- 25G IM lagoon tank and cabinet 
IM Desktop ghost skimmer
- Sicce pump 1.0 (return pump)
- Arctica nano 1/15hp chiller

Ecotech radion gen 4 pro XR15
- Ecotech mp10 Wavemaker
- Ecotech marine reeflink
- Neptune System Apex EL
- Extra Neptune energy bar 6
- Neptune DOS system
- Tunze osmolator 3152

- Caribsea Life Shape Rocks
- Caribsea Arag special grade sand

- Tropic Marin Pro-Reef Salt

image.thumb.png.31a1a2db7f4ab0c27607cd80a46078e2.png

image.thumb.png.861f7c09bdf9b0f48b46c9976d5be51c.png

image.thumb.png.4f155cc93fc0e1008ea0cbd5e8af63fb.png

image.thumb.png.c5f5e4d076e69b683fc80bc467142815.png

The tank has only been up for about a week, and so its still in the early stage of the nitrogen cycle which is why i'm not running the chiller and usually the lights are switched off. I'm also planning on setting up a refugium cause it looks like an interesting little project.
I'll update this thread once theres been any changes done!

Experienced reefers out there can you guys recommend on what i should first stock this with? like corals or fishes first? and what species keeping in mind i am a totally new to reefing hahhahaha.. I don't wanna kill anything i put in there.. Thank in advance for any tips and tricks regarding reefing!

• 8 months later...
Hello fellow reefers,

I'm excited to finally start my reefing journey! I've been into freshwater planted tanks for awhile and been wanting to start on a reef tank but haven't found the time and the initial start up cost was very intimidating. While in phase 1 of circuit breaker, I happened to chanced upon a deal too good to pass up from a fellow reefer who was decommissioning his set up and so my journey begins. 
I enjoy geeking out on equipments a reefing definitely falls into that category of endless equipments to try out. This is going to be a lot of fun!

So here's a list of my equipment followed by some photos:
- 25G IM lagoon tank and cabinet 
- IM Desktop ghost skimmer
- Sicce pump 1.0 (return pump)
- Arctica nano 1/15hp chiller
- Ecotech radion gen 4 pro XR15
- Ecotech mp10 Wavemaker
- Ecotech marine reeflink
- Neptune System Apex EL
- Extra Neptune energy bar 6
- Neptune DOS system
- Tunze osmolator 3152

- Caribsea Life Shape Rocks
- Caribsea Arag special grade sand
- Tropic Marin Pro-Reef Salt

[/img]<!--url{0}--><br /> <br /> <br /> <!--url{1}--><br /> <br /> <!--url{2}--><br /> <br /> <!--url{3}--><br /> <br /> The tank has only been up for about a week, and so its still in the early stage of the nitrogen cycle which is why i I'll update this thread once theres been any changes done!

Experienced reefers out there can you guys recommend on what i should first stock this with? like corals or fishes first? and what species keeping in mind i am a totally new to reefing hahhahaha.. I don't wanna kill anything i put in there.. Thank in advance for any tips and tricks regarding reefing!

Good morning bro,
Based on your experience, is IM Ghost Skimmer a good investment?

Many thanks

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 6 months later...