Starting a 30/60G tank

Alco

I'm starting a new mixed reef tank with the objective of minimising hands on time especially water change.

Deciding on either a 50cm cube 30G or 60cm cube 60G. Will include sump, chiller, AWC and auto dosing. 

What can I expect to be the evaporative rate as I want to place the salt water and rodi water reservoir next to the tank. Waste water will go straight to drain. Would 2x50L drums be enough or overkill? This will determine the location of my tank, either in indoor or outdoor. 

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

it depends on your location i tink, for me i put in cool corner of the house, with chiller set at 26 deg C i find the evaporation is very little, and if u not running wet skimming, no need to top up ato so often, plus SG is humid place. But if running the tank in aircon room den i cant comment as aircon room is more dry. For my 90L system, my ATO is 18 L only, i top up once in awhile i tink every 2weeks plus. Its usage is so low that i had to cover it up, if not mosquito breeding inside. Just sharing.

• SRC Member
it depends on your location i tink, for me i put in cool corner of the house, with chiller set at 26 deg C i find the evaporation is very little, and if u not running wet skimming, no need to top up ato so often, plus SG is humid place. But if running the tank in aircon room den i cant comment as aircon room is more dry. For my 90L system, my ATO is 18 L only, i top up once in awhile i tink every 2weeks plus. Its usage is so low that i had to cover it up, if not mosquito breeding inside. Just sharing.

sorry its not 90L, its 90G system, ATO is 18L