Is this brooklynella?

• SRC Member

Hello all!

Wanted to check if my clownfish is having brooklynella. Just got this fish last week and it's been feeding well and is currently very active. I discovered it has some white patches near the tail but not sure if it's a disease.

Any advice is much appreciated!1396141994_15930698445532.thumb.jpeg.a19cc99448cb3ef64f67f7f9f2b97e92.jpeg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• Like 1

Yes you can, to treat with paraguard however, best to QT the fish n treat with paraguard. Not much articles and definite answers on whether or not the paraguard is reef / invert safe..

If you observe the fish to have brookynella best to qt the other fishes as well. Then wait for the tank to be fishless for 3 to 6 weeks before the tank should be cleared of brooks

I'm still new to the hobbie so if im wrong, someone please help n advise accordingly :)

• SRC Member

Just sharing on what i would do

1. From ur pics, it seems not serious, maybe not even disease, maybe sand or scratches.

2. Before u start any treatment, think of any reason why ur fish is infected? did u intro new fish or something? if not maybe its not disease.

3. Generally clownfish are tough buggers. they can take a bit of beating unlike the tangs which can GG fast. I would monitor first to see if it worsens, if worsen to picture below i would take action. Monitor their appetite and breathing.

4. Its best to set up quarantine for treatment. My clowns infected by brook b4, i did a freshwater dip to alleviate the condition, how to dip? you can ask mr google for more info. for me i take rodi water and let the fish swim inside for 3mins, include airstone for oxygenation. monitor closely for stress( heavy breathing) stop immediately if there is.

5. after dip, transfer to QT, i treat with copper( cupramine) dosage go slow.

6. lastly, disclaimer: as every lifestock response is different, i cannot guarantee the outcome, pls proceed at your own risk. I am just sharing what i did. Good Luck bro!

IMG_3795.JPG

• Like 4

• SRC Member
Just sharing on what i would do

1. From ur pics, it seems not serious, maybe not even disease, maybe sand or scratches.

2. Before u start any treatment, think of any reason why ur fish is infected? did u intro new fish or something? if not maybe its not disease.

3. Generally clownfish are tough buggers. they can take a bit of beating unlike the tangs which can GG fast. I would monitor first to see if it worsens, if worsen to picture below i would take action. Monitor their appetite and breathing.

4. Its best to set up quarantine for treatment. My clowns infected by brook b4, i did a freshwater dip to alleviate the condition, how to dip? you can ask mr google for more info. for me i take rodi water and let the fish swim inside for 3mins, include airstone for oxygenation. monitor closely for stress( heavy breathing) stop immediately if there is.

5. after dip, transfer to QT, i treat with copper( cupramine) dosage go slow.

6. lastly, disclaimer: as every lifestock response is different, i cannot guarantee the outcome, pls proceed at your own risk. I am just sharing what i did. Good Luck bro!

IMG_3795.JPG.4362ce7f4298ca0378c1f9e15bd72aca.JPG

Thank you for the detailed explanation! Hmm these 2 fishes are the only fishes inside the tank! Just finished cycling so no other fish before this also default_smile.png tried using seachem metroplex with fish food just now, so will observe to see if it helps. Appetite wise still eating very well and no laboured breathing or anything. default_smile.png will update!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...