Newest Salinity Refractometers

Iwarna

• Sponsor

Even though cost has increase, will still maintain @ price of $68.00!

Really hard to increase price in this small market where everybody becomes a friend after being a customer! :lol:

Do refer to our Facebook Page : Iwarna Aquafarm

Pictures are uploaded there for new shipments. Thank you.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

• SRC Member
For what use huh??

Refractometers are definitely more accurate in measuring salinity than those notorious swing-arm type hydrometer....

Good equipment to have if you ask me.... ;)

Victor, I help you "Pak Kon Ko"... got further discount or not... :lol::D

• SRC Member

Refractometers are definitely more accurate in measuring salinity than those notorious swing-arm type hydrometer....

Good equipment to have if you ask me.... ;)

Victor, I help you "Pak Kon Ko"... got further discount or not... :lol::D

But if compare with the digital one (Look the same as the PH pen) which one better. been using hydro for very long liao, but heard no accurate.

• Sponsor

But if compare with the digital one (Look the same as the PH pen) which one better. been using hydro for very long liao, but heard no accurate.

A good measuremet instrument should give acccurate and consistent results.

All measuring equipments require the calibration from time to time to ensure readings of of high quality. For digital monitoring the process of measurement is very much more complicated (I mean what goes on inside the little box) and hence in most cases, calibration can be quite of a hassle. (For e.g whether you have the calibration liquid available or the necessary tools).

The refractometer is based on the refractive index of liquids. Easy for calibration (tap-water) and no tools required (fingers calibration). Results has prove to be accurate and consistent. Also with Automatic temperature compensation, the refractometer gives a very consistent results even with different water temperature.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

• SRC Member

A good measuremet instrument should give acccurate and consistent results.

All measuring equipments require the calibration from time to time to ensure readings of of high quality. For digital monitoring the process of measurement is very much more complicated (I mean what goes on inside the little box) and hence in most cases, calibration can be quite of a hassle. (For e.g whether you have the calibration liquid available or the necessary tools).

The refractometer is based on the refractive index of liquids. Easy for calibration (tap-water) and no tools required (fingers calibration). Results has prove to be accurate and consistent. Also with Automatic temperature compensation, the refractometer gives a very consistent results even with different water temperature.

Thanks for the info. Do you still have any with you? might be coming over around 6pm+.

• SRC Member

Hi Victor,

Today went down to Iwarna at around 2+pm but you're not around.

Anyway I got the Retractometers liao. Thanks.

Just test it with tap water and have a 1.000 and my tank water a bit too salty liao at 1.025. My hydro read only 1.022.

:thanks:

Bernard

• Sponsor

Hi Bernard,

Refractomers will give a correct reading of 1.025 when the plastic hydrometers gives a reading of 1.023 or less. We have tested the plastic hydrometers and it's reading on average is lower than the actual salinity level.

In theory most fishes (and corals) strive at salinity level between 1.021 to 1.025.

The salinity of your tank is ok given the reading of 1.025. :D

Untitled-1copy.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi Bernard,

Refractomers will give a correct reading of 1.025 when the plastic hydrometers gives a reading of 1.023 or less. We have tested the plastic hydrometers and it's reading on average is lower than the actual salinity level.

In theory most fishes (and corals) strive at salinity level between 1.021 to 1.025.

The salinity of your tank is ok given the reading of 1.025.  :D

Thanks for the info, then I don't have to adjust liao :thanks: