Help on QT Cupramine

XPXPXP

• SRC Member

Pulled out all my fishes and place it in a qt last night. i added biomedia from old tank and some old water. 

I dose cupramine at half the recommended levels. Using salfiert copper test kit but it shows 0. I increase the dosage and tested again, still 0 on the test kit. I tried testing separately a small volume of water and added copper separately, still 0. Any idea whats the issue?

Dose it wait 48hrs and dose it again same amount then test.

Pulled out all my fishes and place it in a qt last night. i added biomedia from old tank and some old water. 
I dose cupramine at half the recommended levels. Using salfiert copper test kit but it shows 0. I increase the dosage and tested again, still 0 on the test kit. I tried testing separately a small volume of water and added copper separately, still 0. Any idea whats the issue?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

if u running carbon, need to remove. i also using salifert and low dose cupramine, the color chart between zero and next available conc is very difficult to see for me, but the copper is definitely there cos ich no more after few days. the biomedia will absorb some copper i tink also. If not super lethal like velvet, probably u need concern more on ammonia cos now all fish in small tank. Just sharing.

• SRC Member

Yes if its not Velvet can slowly increase the copper dosage, many things in the tank can absorb copper.. copper itself in high dosage is also lethal to the fishes so got to be careful!

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member
Hi guys. 4th day in QT. Did a 20% waterchange due to mandrain goby dieing and ammonia spike. Achilies passed just minutes ago. Hopefully the gemtang survives. Also i cant get a reading on the salfert copper test kit. Still 0. Any idea? 1595863884330.thumb.jpeg.5522fd41d8239e46d97464f1d74eb532.jpeg

sorry about your achilles tang. did you happen to add more cupramine/copper since the last post? i really suspect it’s a faulty test kit. stop adding the copper treatment and do a full water change. start the qt process with your remaining fish again but don’t dose copper until you can guarantee that your test kit is working.

all the best