Plans for my New Reef

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Supporter
Joe...How far is th eupper region from the surface?? buidling it up a little??? or its already at optimum height liao?

going to run 6 X T5 as planned?

That height should be jus nice ( a good 3 inches from water surface) .....

I'm expecting some really cool growth out of those stuff that I'm dumping in within the next few days...

6 X T5s?? nah... I'm heading for 8.. hmmm now that you mention it...

WHEN IS MY NEW 8 TUBE RETROFIT COMING IN !!!!!!

• SRC Supporter

think you rock work to thin... no really suitable for acro... try more space kind ;););)

my 2 cents

I never like heavily structured reefs..... prefer ample space for the stuff to grow and develop..esp since they are pretty quick growers, they should soon give the reef a really "full" look.....

Give me a little time and you would soon understand... B)

so is it going to be a frag grow out tank...or do you plan to mix with some colonies as well??

I am in the process of planning for downsizing...same tank size as yours ;)

so is it going to be a frag grow out tank...or do you plan to mix with some colonies as well??

Wah DeepBlue you going to downsize too? But your tank now so nice...... :unsure:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

hmm Why everyone is downsizing the tank sia?

:unsure:

AHahha..follow trend. :P If big tank have to use more electricity. Have to get tunzes..will have to upgrade lighting...So might as well go small.. Power of return pump enough liao.. :lol:

• SRC Supporter

growin most out of frags... small colonies would be accepted.

Will watch them grow to be a full fledge reef is definitely a interesting thing.

Welcome to the club. ;)

• SRC Supporter
hmm Why everyone is downsizing the tank sia?

:unsure:

Don't you know??

Its a new trend....

Named : " small reefs with darn blinding lights..." :P

And of course also backed up by Becketts, oversized Calcium Reactors... and over grossly sized items..... :fear:

Wah DeepBlue you going to downsize too? But your tank now so nice...... :unsure:

I'm trying to save $$$....plus heat in my bedroom is a concern.

I will set up the 2ft tank then cheery pick and transfer the best into my new tank :lol: (the project will take months or even early next year to realised)

And running on a H&S skimmer :lol::lol:

Anyway..back to JOe's NeW ReEf.....

For it to grow out...how long do you think it willl take to grow to a decent size...

I think cant avoid getting a few colonies first...at least pleasing for the eyes :lol:

Hmmm..at least you guys have the luxury of taking time to set up new tank...I must remove my big tank and set up my new small tank in a matter of 8 hours or so. Sounds impossible? :pinch::evil: Want to get everything done before my dad can complain about any mess when he comes home from work. :lol:

Not that I want to take my own sweet time...need to plan this carefully....

and cant do any moving of furniture, drilling andknocking til end of the year :P ....even the 6 footer FOWLR got to be shelved till next year.... :lol::lol:

Will wait and go over to Joe's Place next week to deliever frags and get more inspirations :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Supporter
Anyway..back to JOe's NeW ReEf.....

For it to grow out...how long do you think it willl take to grow to a decent size...

I think cant avoid getting a few colonies first...at least pleasing for the eyes :lol:

With strong lights, oversized Calcium Reactor with multiple secondary chambers, excellent water circulation and Beckett filtered pristine clear water.... what do you think? :eyebrow:

Will wait and go over to Joe's Place next week to deliever frags and get more inspirations   

You get to stay longer if you bring a larger quantity of frags... (I accept only reds, pinks, yellows and blues...) :P

• SRC Supporter

3 Delightful events that took place today..

1) I receive my 2 sets of 4 x 24W T5s. Thos 8 units of Aquaz Bluepro bulbs are intense ... No tint of blue but jus extremly white light. I love my reef look.

2) Reef is now 20% to that of a full fledge SPS reef.

3) The elusive duo of Yashia White Ray Shrimp gobies (thought dead previously) pop out upon lights hitting the reef.

What a Great Day ...!! :lol:

• SRC Supporter
Joe... Is the 4 x 24w T5 DIY or a commercial set...

It's the result from SRC's very own Dr Evil.

Workmanship's great.

And looks very commercial indeed. B)

I'm definitely another satisfied customer, jus like the many others before me.