Maldives

clammy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Cheers~

I still think its worth the money after all said. What's important is that My sweetheart had a good time, I had a good time, we saw Manta Rays, and that's one "die die must go destinations" checked from my long list.

:peace::peace::peace:

post-12-1085641385.jpg

• SRC Member

i bring 1 gallon of water... no clothes.. only all water... i think the check in counter must think that i'm mad.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

I've always wanted to go Maldives. But its too expensive so have to satisfy myself with the islands in Malaysia. :lol: Hoping to be able to go there while waiting for my A level results. Wonder whether I am able to save such a huge amount of money. :lol: Wah..see u all go holiday, I'm so :( ...But I dont know how to dive though..only know how to snorkel. :D

• SRC Member

or we can pee and distill the water and recycle it... hey.. that is newater... :( someone had beaten me to that.. :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Haha,

tot there will be some photographers to give pointers in this thread.. :P

Seems like theres more engineers here? all discussing how to treat water.

Oh.. and businessman too, thinking how to profit from supplying water at a lower price. :lol:

Hmm.. didnt take pictures of the expensive water there. If not will post them. Sure to create lots of interest and debate. :lol:

• SRC Member

Just recieved this pic of my dear and meself from fellow diver Mr Ueda Yoshi.

My guess is this pic is taken of us after he spotted the manta ray, and finally got our attention by screaming into his regulator. B)

post-12-1086227980.jpg

Edited by clammy

• SRC Member

Wow !!! Nice place isn't it ? Great for romance man ! here's a pic when i was there about 2-3 years back - for those who don't want to get their skin wet but want to "see" whats underneath !!!

post-12-1086503701.jpg

Edited by Melvyn Tan

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

wow! U actually went for the submarine ride!! Quite expensive wo.. dats why i didnt go. So did you actually descend to 40 meters? :upsidedown:

Oh! did you go for the seaplane ride? was so tempted to go as it provide great phototaking opportunities of the islands and atolls..

That's one of the downside of taking SQ as both flights(to & fro) are at night, and thus no chance to appreciate maldives beauty from above... :(

bo bian, i have to be contented with underwater pics.. :P

post-12-1086578661.jpg

• SRC Member

Yeah...cos the sub ride would be an experience and plus my partner dun wish to get wet (enough of snokelling etc) and to go down under 30-40m is no mean feat.

Will hope to visit it again !!! this time round to bring back some stuffs :evil: did you take any coral or the like?

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

coralss??

nah... the corals in maldives not that fantastic also.. only the soft corals dendronepthyia at blue caves are spectacular... ;)

You want nice corals?? try CEBU phillipines... their reefs are cover with white pumping xenia, all sorts of hard corals, and many nice varieties.

Somemore the locals dont take care of their beautiful waters themselves..

so might as well take some.. haha :D

Can actually hear bombing of fishes elsewhere when we are underwater at a supposedly protected site! :angry::angry:

hmmm.. yah.. must visit maldives again... but still got so many target edstinations to go thru... fiji, hawaii, mauritious, palau, yap, tahiti, PNG... and the list goes on... :whistle

• SRC Member
hmmm.. yah.. must visit maldives again... but still got so many target edstinations to go thru... fiji, hawaii, mauritious, palau, yap, tahiti, PNG... and the list goes on...

there goes my bank acct... :(

• SRC Member

Hehehehe !!! Singapore nothing interesting so must spend our hard earned money going elsewhere to enjoy. The corals in Maldives is great....ermm...maybe depends which part you go lah.... When i was in Bali early this year (Nusa Dua) the corals are not bad too....saw this big rock with the Bali Xenia and other attractive stuffs !!!!! made me want to take the whole rock back man <_<

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Bali is not bad - try Nusa Dua

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Cheers~

I still think its worth the money after all said. What's important is that My sweetheart had a good time, I had a good time, we saw Manta Rays, and that's one "die die must go destinations" checked from my long list.

:peace::peace::peace:

That looks like Paradise Island?

4x2x2 Tank Thread