Kenya tree coral shrinked

Maipian80

• SRC Member

where did you get this kenya tree from? it could be a non-photosynthetic species. not all coral sold as “kenya trees” have symbiotic algae within them(i.e it could be non-photosynthetic). in this case it could be that it’s slowly starving without food. sorry to say but these types of nps coral are not easy to keep and require very specific feeding. just one of the possibilities.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• Like 1

• SRC Member

I added phytoplankton but dont see much improvement too. In your opinion, is it dead? Or how do i know that it is not going to be revived? Thanks!

where did you get this kenya tree from? it could be a non-photosynthetic species. not all coral sold as “kenya trees” have symbiotic algae within them(i.e it could be non-photosynthetic). in this case it could be that it’s slowly starving without food. sorry to say but these types of nps coral are not easy to keep and require very specific feeding. just one of the possibilities.

• SRC Member
I added phytoplankton but dont see much improvement too. In your opinion, is it dead? Or how do i know that it is not going to be revived? Thanks!

doesn’t look dead to me. typically corals like these aren’t dead until you see tissue disintegration

• SRC Member

Try feeding with reef roids and start with smaller dose and gradually build up frequency when you observe a feeding response. Tune off flow before feeding and leaving it for like 10mins. Hope it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Thanks everyone. Seems that im barking up the wrong tree all this while lol (not kenya tree but a carnation). I have done some more research and seems that it likes strong flow. I have temporarily transfer into a separate pail and added alot of plankton and flow. Hopefully can revive it. Will keep everyone posted here:)20200728_132831.jpeg