Help, SPS bleaching in patches

Teck pang

Hi,

Can i seek the help of seasoned reefers to enlighten me on what could be wrong with my corals? 

Is there any sps eating parasites that i do not know of? 

For the past few days some of my sps are bleaching in patches and i could not figure out why.

The water parameters are stable with nitrate a little over at 25ppm and phosphate at 0.1ppm.

2080311036_greenmonti.thumb.jpeg.a4e3d225b31d49c0575c5cb02ca58fa2.jpeg

pocci.thumb.jpeg.0a6e5b1757decdadf513e61dab9626c9.jpeg

The green monti frag has been with me for arond 3 months, it started having patches bleaching but the pocci & red monti seem not to be affected.

1120118873_spswithbirdnest.thumb.jpeg.9619e55dbdb018e7d499a11c7649d724.jpeg

Forest fire have been doing great until recently , it started to bleach in patches too. The green birdnest does not seem to be affected.

sps.thumb.jpeg.144a40677a7b4aa68fc831b59bd98f0f.jpeg

These are also not in very good shapes too. I am kinda at loss of what to do.

All the rest of the LPS & zoas seem fine and happy.

Not sure if these changes below could be the causes of sps to bleach or is there any parasites that can causes SPS to bleach in patches:

1) On 1 aug, my chiller internal thermostat malfunctioned and the tank temperature was fluctuating around 26 - 30 degree for a few days

2) on 1 aug, I also added 8 fishes that has been quarantined for a month, 1 radiant wrasse, 1 yellow tang, 1 blue tang, 1 sailfin tang, 1 black blenny, 1 goby, 1 chromis

3) on 1 aug, i increased the intensity (radion) of white and warm light from 3% to 10% for better viewing but had since tone down the light intensity after i discover the sps bleaching in patches. 

Any advice will be appreciated as i could not figure out what went wrong....Thank in advance!

• SRC Member

Bro, just my opinion, lighting intensity may be too high, need to tune down or move the corals further down the tank. Add some carbon to remove any toxins that may be present in the tank. Keep the usual foundation parameters as well as temperature stable then monitor for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like due to adding a lot of fishes at one time could have increased ur nutrients. Can I check what test kits are u using for nitrate and phosphate 

I might be too. I am using salifert to test the nitrate and phosphate btw. I think there are too many changes in that period. Chiller thermoset spoiling, adding fishes then changing intensity of light. I think next time must relax abit. Hahha

• SRC Member

how old and big is your tank bro? Higher nitrate level in a not matured tank and triggered by adding a few fishes coild have affected your sps. Try not to adjust or change too many things at one go, test your perimeters and slowly adjust. U can de

• SRC Member

Glad that your corals are getting better. I have quite a few sps clashes before so i can Really understand what u means.

For me, alk no3 and po4 is the most important for keeping sps. Test them often to be sure that yr tank are stable.

Let me know when yr tank are more stable. I can pass u a few easy sps frags to try.