Kessil A360X enough for SPS?

Hi all shifus,

anyone uses Kessil A360X for keeping their SPS? Doing online research has come up with mixed reviews on what is needed. Of course it is also dependent on the type of SPS I am keeping. Currently I have 2 Kessil A360X + 1 AI Hydra 26HD for my 3ft tank.

I plan to keep the following:

1. Strawberry Shortcake

2. Forest Fire

3. Walt Disney

4. Homewrecker

5. Candlelight

Any advice is welcome.

• SRC Member

Not shifu but i do use the A 360x.

Initially i use 2 A360x with 4 t5. Had mostly easy Sps then and they were ok. Afterthat i went with 2 a360x only (my t5 ballast died) with 100% intensity and noticed light not enough for my acros.

Currently go full Led and added 1xr15 and 1xr30 in my current sps dominant tank. Colour is very good under AB+ setting and growth is getting better.

With yr current light fixture, i would think that easier Sps will be ok. But may want to add another AI set to cater to those high light loving acros such as millies and tenuis.

1. Strawberry shortcake. I feel best under medium light (about 300-350 par). Brings out both green n pink

2. Forest fire - grow well under a360x

3. Walt disney and 4. Home wrecker.  Generally tenuis family like high light and high flow. High light (450 -500par) may bring out nice colour.

5. Candlelight. No experience i dont keep.

Checkout the Youtube video on BRStv on A360x with info on par values. Good reference material.

• SRC Member

Any one in Singapore with a Par meter that we can rent or better borrow to check the levels in the tank?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 11:53 AM, Alypapa said:

Not shifu but i do use the A 360x.

Initially i use 2 A360x with 4 t5. Had mostly easy Sps then and they were ok. Afterthat i went with 2 a360x only (my t5 ballast died) with 100% intensity and noticed light not enough for my acros.

Currently go full Led and added 1xr15 and 1xr30 in my current sps dominant tank. Colour is very good under AB+ setting and growth is getting better.

With yr current light fixture, i would think that easier Sps will be ok. But may want to add another AI set to cater to those high light loving acros such as millies and tenuis.

1. Strawberry shortcake. I feel best under medium light (about 300-350 par). Brings out both green n pink

2. Forest fire - grow well under a360x

3. Walt disney and 4. Home wrecker.  Generally tenuis family like high light and high flow. High light (450 -500par) may bring out nice colour.

5. Candlelight. No experience i dont keep.

Checkout the Youtube video on BRStv on A360x with info on par values. Good reference material.

currently I have 2x A360x at the sides and a hydra 26HD in the middle, i forgot to add that my tank is a shallow one, at only about 350mm height. My lights are kept really close to the water surface (less than 4 inches) and that is probably going to increase the PAR readings. The only issue is not having a PAR meter to measure them. will probably get to that soon. So far I have a SSC that is slowly colouring up and I've also added some montipora (nauti spiral) alongside with my existing lime green monti. I am still unsure if it is enough as the BRStv vid shows them at 8in above water surface. I'm hoping that my current setup is enough, if not will probably have to get a R15 or R30 to replace the 26HD.

And thank you for your input, really helpful! Also please do let me know if there are any other things that I should take note of.