Vibrant can i use with algae scrubber and chaeto ?

• SRC Member
19 minutes ago, R0B said:

Agree. Macroalgea most likely will stop growing (even die off) with vibrant (depending on dose strength). Also be careful about giving enough time between when you stop dosing vibrant and starting up your macroalgea regiment.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

During the process? When the algae is weak must i brush off or let it die by itself or must I change water weakly to reduce the vibrant strength?

• SRC Member

By macroalgea I am referring to chaeto or in a broader sense the green hair algae you get in an ATS (as applicable). As said it depends on the dose you intend to give. A small maintence dose at just once a week should allow you to keep your refugium/algae reactor/ats running. However anything more aggressive and the good macroalgea (chaeto etc) can stop growing or worse crash.

As you dose vibrant the algae in tank will weaken and disappear overtime. So take it slow. If you dose too much too soon then the algae can 'disolve' which could be a bad thing as it will release the nutrients it stored back into the water. Go slow.

What were your intentions / what was the problem you were looking to solve by using vibrant?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 4 months later...