What kind of sump setup for saltwater tank 4ft

Peterlim

• SRC Member

There are many ways to configure sumps and it looks like a nice space you have. You could consider the following by section 1) drainage, 2) mechanical filtration, 3) skimmer, 4) bio blocks along with reactors and return.

Here are some more thoughts... First section this is where you would drain the water. Three pipes coming from the tank (?). Second section has glass brackets and is designed for overflow into the section so this is designed for mechanical filtration. Here you could get some glass or acrylic cut with holes for filter socks and place on lower shelf. Similarily Upper shelf use for course filter pad. A roller filter would be ideal but a fish only system it may be overkill. Third section has underflow exiting this section on the left and height is set by the fifth baffle, as such this would make for a difficult refugium placement. Hence i suggest instead use this for skimmer as any micro bubbles would be forced to break on baffles to the right of the section so if you place skimmer anywhere this is probably best place. This brings us to the final large section... wow that is a lovely piece of real estate. Given a refugium is going to be difficult to place here (without adding a few baffles) I suggest you load with bio bricks (but still have flow) and place Reactors as necessary. An ATS would be awesome.

As said there are many configurations so would be interesting to hear what others come up with... but looks like a good little system. Keep us posted as to progress. Good luck.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

To put it simple,
Firstly filter media. Of course you need to filter the water first before it enter the filter media else debris will decompose there. So recommend a filter floss, change it it break down.

Next immediately a skimmer to skim out the protein. Lastly i'll just recommend a biopellet for you. Since is only fish and bare bottom, why not go for copper to prevent fish from falling sick.

Would add on a uv light where there space for it

On 8/30/2020 at 1:52 AM, Willy Guccivera Yap said:

To put it simple,
Firstly filter media. Of course you need to filter the water first before it enter the filter media else debris will decompose there. So recommend a filter floss, change it it break down.

Next immediately a skimmer to skim out the protein. Lastly i'll just recommend a biopellet for you. Since is only fish and bare bottom, why not go for copper to prevent fish from falling sick.

Would add on a uv light where there space for it emoji108.png

If i setup refugiums, still can put coppoer ?