Temperature fluctuations in new tank

Eescrob

hihi i’m new to the hobby (~a week in). For my tank, i only have a Royal Gramma inside and i have a chiller keeping the water at 34.5. The problem is, the chiller let’s the temperature swing 1 degree higher before cooling it down again to 34.5. It usually does this every hour or so. So, is that a major concern i should be thinking about? Like will it kill my fish or anything?

• SRC Supporter

Hope your tank is fully cycled before the fish was added.

1degC fluctuation is the normal setting when using chiller. So relating to the 1degC fluctuation question, its OK.

However, I noticed you mentioned your tank temperature is 34.5DegC? That seems quite warm. Most run the tanks cooler around 27-28DegC. 

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

29 minutes ago, SubzeroLT said:

Hope your tank is fully cycled before the fish was added.

1degC fluctuation is the normal setting when using chiller. So relating to the 1degC fluctuation question, its OK.

However, I noticed you mentioned your tank temperature is 34.5DegC? That seems quite warm. Most run the tanks cooler around 27-28DegC. 

i added in the bacteria via a bottle so it should be fine; ammonia levels have been 0 so far