High nitrates

Azil.HA

• SRC Member

Hey reefers, 

Im experiencing high nitates, at about 50.to 100 ppm uaing salifert kit. However po4 is running at 0.03 to 0.07 using ulr phosphate hanna checker. 

Im running AF system, dosing pro Bio s and NP pro. In my nyos reactor, phos minus, zeovit and carbon. 

Bio filtration, siporax and 2 maxspect plates, i have a cup for small caribsea fragzone. 

Im wondering why are my nitrates not going down. I have tried 90 % WC a weeks, and weekly about 20%. Last water change was yesterday about 50%. Siphoned sandbed as well, portion at a time. Corals are fine. Extending and all. no GHA. Only some spots of. Diatoms on and off, cleared d by cuc. 

AF system Should help me with the nitarte and po4 control. Not sure of the cause. Any inputs arw much appreciated

Make sure the test kit works ok and you're reading it correctly. It's 10 times the value if u read from the side of the vial.

And test the fresh saltwater you make for nitrate. If you read any value, it's probably the issue with the water source. Maybe your RODI unit fails to filter out nitrate, that happens if the DI resin is depleted. 

• SRC Member
1 hour ago, Junyan said:

Make sure the test kit works ok and you're reading it correctly. It's 10 times the value if u read from the side of the vial.

And test the fresh saltwater you make for nitrate. If you read any value, it's probably the issue with the water source. Maybe your RODI unit fails to filter out nitrate, that happens if the DI resin is depleted. 

Lol. Goodness. I read it wrongly. Was under the impression that from the top results to he divided by 10. Thanks bro! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...