How or where to install uv sterilizer for saltwater in sump

Peterlim

• SRC Member

I guess you have a fair few different options. So you may want to think about usage first. Is it for algea control or for disease control? If for algea, operating it as a closed loop with the main display is the best option. For disease it is better to run at slower flow rates.

Regarding mounting. Firstly one option is to mount it to the roof above the sump (assuming you have adequate surface and depth of surface - dont want to drill into tank!). This keeps it out of the way! Second option is to have it mounted on a side or back wall . With both of these options make sure the way you access the lamp is facing towards you for ease of access. Final option as I see it is to mount it vertically near the back leg of the stand.

I guess all these depend on your tank and stand... maybe a little more info about your set up will help ;)

Easiest way to plumb is via a manifold coming off your return pump, Or you can have a dedicated pump. Either way you need to control the flow into the UV a gate valve is so much more accurate then a ball valve.

Hope that helps

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 3 months later...