Seafloor Cavern

BlueOnBlue

• SRC Member

Decided to write on my weekly supplement manual dosing schedule since had have alot of reefers asking me about it . I dose every monday since it's easier to remember (Starting day of the week). Been using Aquaforest's Life source for the tank. Stated it contains natural mud from the cleanest waters of the pacific ocean to provide corals access to components and minerals. I myself do not know what the ingredients are so I'll try it first for u guys incase u all are wondering whether it will hurt the corals or fishes. It comes in a bag like this for the new 500ml version.
IMG_0072.JPG
Inside there is a scoop buried in the mud so u need to get your hands dirty a bit to find the scoop... not very innovative of them to provide the scoop like this.
Follow the dosage instructions on their website seeing how many scoops u need for ur tank. For mine I do 3 scoops into my measuring beaker filled with display tank water and I stir it till it's dark brown in color with no bits of debris at the bottom.
IMG_0074.JPG
Finally, pour the water near the wavemaker to let it get dispersed evenly into your water column. Water should clear after 5-6 hours, no need to worry.

Another product I use is Tropic Marin's Reef Actif
IMG_0076.JPG
In short basically binds excess nutrients and are consumed by special microorganisms. After using this my corals polyp extension and colors really did improve a lot. I use half a spoon that they provided in the container and mix it with some display tank water followed by pouring into the wavemaker. Very very good product, been using for a few months already so far no side effects.

Lastly is Tropic Marin's Amino Organic.
IMG_0077.JPG
Same as other amino products on the market, they intensify colors of corals so on and forth. But I just prefer tropic marin products, as I feel their products are less harsh on the corals and their instructions on dosing are clear cut. End of the day, reefers should decide what is best for their tank and not follow blindly in whatever videos or advertisements show them, always do your own research before buying an item.

• SRC Member

Tank will look like this after dosing everything. 🤣
IMG_0075.JPG
So maybe grab a nice lunch/dinner or go shopping and when you're back, the water will look better than before. Just my 2 cents, don't dose any water clarifiers or stuff that implement massive changes in the water as I believe this hobby requires a lot of patience and dedication. Trust your tank and let nature take its course