Coral Ladder - Hanging Frag Rack

jinsheng_yip

• SRC Member

Hey everyone!

Recently I designed an acrylic hanging frag rack, as the usual method of egg crates and suction cups felt a little unstable. The frag racks on sale are also a little bit out of budget for me, so I've decided to make a low cost rack that I can hopefully sell to other reefers without burning holes extra holes in your pockets. The design is currently underway, and I will be making some tweaks before confirming and putting them up for sale. 

Currently my design holds about 15-20 regular 2cm sized frag plus, with extra space for loose frags without plugs. The holes for the plugs are not individual holes but one single gap, to allow for more flexible frag placement. The shelves are tilted at 15deg to ensure optimum light coverage. I also placed the fist shelf about 15cm from the top of the rack to prevent light burn. The second shelf would be 10 cm below, and extended by 2cm to accommodate light falloff. A small curb will be placed at the front to prevent loose frags from sliding off.

Here's a 3D Render of the prototype:

Render1.png.cb9c6123124f693b8f0699585502f543.png

My first prototype was unsuccessful as the insertion gaps were a little too tight, and the acrylic cracked when I tried to assemble. Will be making the necessary changes and continue updating this thread. Thanks for reading and stay tuned!

• Like 1