Chiller

May I know if reefer here prefer their chillers to be installed in their cabinet or outside their cabinets? 

For chillers inside the cabinets, will it become inefficient or have to run a lot longer than those outside of cabinet. 

• SRC Member

Optimally, outside with a good clearance both front and back. Chiller placed inside cabinet even with airflow cut outs will definitely suffer some efficiency loss.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
On 10/15/2020 at 10:36 PM, Pc8281 said:

I prefer to put my chiller inside the cabinet due to space constraints. I have a large hole at the back of my cabinet to allow air flow and so far from what I've observed, seems ok in terms of efficiency. 

Hi may I know whats the size of your hole and whats your chiller model? I too have space constraint but worried that if I put it inside my cabinet the chiller will not work.

On 10/20/2020 at 12:13 AM, koeching said:

Hi may I know whats the size of your hole and whats your chiller model? I too have space constraint but worried that if I put it inside my cabinet the chiller will not work.

It’s about 40cm length and 70cm height which I had customized as the following pic. I’m using Hailea HK-500A  

My chiller works well so far but if your tank is against a wall like mine, you will have to leave some gap behind to let the hot air escape.  

255779F0-47B2-408F-8AE6-9CC834577932.jpeg.e55eeb7bdddb68283528b57e329c7654.jpeg