What kind of LED for Fish only. My tank is 6ft.

Peterlim

• SRC Member

FOWLR tanks may not need as much lighting horsepower as that of a full blown reef tank. However, you still want enough to grow macroalgae in the form of coralline algae, whose growth will be very dependent on the light sources used. You won't need much power, 75 PAR should suffice. As such some T5 lights would suffice. Depending on depth of rockscape I would recommend a four tube set up well spaced (2x2) mounted at 10 to 12 inches off the water. A mix of ATI blue plus and Coral Plus bulbs should give a good spectrum and aesthetic, as well as bringing out the colours of the fish. Equivalent LED options are also available but you won't need break the bank here.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
FOWLR tanks may not need as much lighting horsepower as that of a full blown reef tank. However, you still want enough to grow macroalgae in the form of coralline algae, whose growth will be very dependent on the light sources used. You won't need much power, 75 PAR should suffice. As such some T5 lights would suffice. Depending on depth of rockscape I would recommend a four tube set up well spaced (2x2) mounted at 10 to 12 inches off the water. A mix of ATI blue plus and Coral Plus bulbs should give a good spectrum and aesthetic, as well as bringing out the colours of the fish. Equivalent LED options are also available but you won't need break the bank here.

Thanks for sharing

• 2 months later...