Glass cleaning blades

BarraCudaTM

• SRC Member
Hi

Just wanna know where I can find those blades for cleaning off coralline algae from the glass?

I saw the tetra ones at hong leong .. cost around $25 for the handle .. quite expensive ah ;)

Just buy the tetra one to start with. Repalcement blades can use the cheapo razor blade type (i'm using "Astro- 50 cents for 5 blades. Can use Gillette Nacet as well, double the price, but what for? It's not my cheek I'm shaving!) For saltwater, recommend that you replace the blades every time due to corrosion of blades

• SRC Member
Hi

Just wanna know where I can find those blades for cleaning off coralline algae from the glass?

I saw the tetra ones at hong leong .. cost around $25 for the handle .. quite expensive ah ;)

I saw superstar aquarium in Tampines selling a different brand for $15..looks the same.

• SRC Member
Just buy the tetra one to start with. Repalcement blades can use the cheapo razor blade type (i'm using "Astro- 50 cents for 5 blades. Can use Gillette Nacet as well, double the price, but what for? It's not my cheek I'm shaving!) For saltwater, recommend that you replace the blades every time due to corrosion of blades

you sure gillette blades wont scratch yr tank?

Some people recommend just using an old credit card to scrap algae off the glass.

It is hard enough to work but not sharp enough to scratch glass.

You'll regret the day when you accidentally scrapped it a wrong angle and .... OH NO!!!!!

Also, any metal will rust so unless you take the effort to rinse the blade after use... and then dry it before rust spots set in... then good for you.

AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE, DON'T USE WD40 ON IT!!!

:D:lol::D:lol::D

• SRC Member
Some people recommend just using an old credit card to scrap algae off the glass.

It is hard enough to work but not sharp enough to scratch glass.

You'll regret the day when you accidentally scrapped it a wrong angle and .... OH NO!!!!!

Also, any metal will rust so unless you take the effort to rinse the blade after use... and then dry it before rust spots set in... then good for you.

AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE, DON'T USE WD40 ON IT!!!

:D:lol::D:lol::D

I do clean and dry mine as best as I can...

Barra, if you get a magnet and just do a quick sweep over the glass daily most algae even coralline will find it hard to colonize the glass. But I think the patches already there will spread slowly even if you use the mag.

• SRC Member

me using those replacement blades for pen knifes.. and using them to scrape the tank.. cost me like 90cents for 5 blades.. cheap.. only prob is that u have to hold the blade when cleaning the tank... sigh..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.