How to add in new fishes....

Louis88

• SRC Member

Hi, I just restart back marine hobby... Just want to check n experience bros here can guide me regarding adding fish with same species inside the main tank. Thanks again for all your help. 

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Most of the time adding same type of fish into the tank that with a existing already territorial is quite hard regardless big or small fish.

What u can do is put the fish into the isolation box and see whether any aggression happen but this don't 100% guarantee as some fish only get aggressive after the new fish went in. The rate of catching aggressive is about 70 to 80% based on my experience.

If happen that u see aggression after release, u can use a mirror or feed a bit more to allow the new fish to acclimate to the new environment.

After all if aggression is not reside after few days, u should remove the fish else it will be gone soon or later only.