Red Sea Reefer Nano to giveaway

Senses

• SRC Member

Hi all, I have a set of Red Sea Reefer Nano that I have just purchased from another reefer just about 2 weeks ago to giveaway for free. 

Condition of display tank is ok with some scratches. Cabinet is around 5/10. I have changed the rusty hinges and cleaned the whole tank and cabinet up. Might need some re-lamination at the base as it seems to have been soaked by water before. I have attached pictures of the tank within for your viewing.

I did not start anything with the tank, only done the cleaning up and change some hinges. Thereafter it has been left lying around. 

Reason for letting go is I decided to get a slightly bigger new tank instead. Just to share with all new reefers that if you are purchasing a 2nd hand tank, do go over and take a look instead of just believing the stated condition as per mentioned by seller. This is a lesson that I learnt. 

My loss is your gain. Interested pls pm me.

First come first serve to whoever can collect the earliest thanks!

Before.jpg

PHOTO-2020-10-23-20-31-53.jpg

IMG_9886.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

PHOTO-2020-10-23-20-31-53 2.jpg

After.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

• Like 2
banner_1.aspx?id=garryljf&t=8

• SRC Member

Quite a dishonest seller if all these potentially catastrophic damages are not shared with you fully. To wilfully conceal these defects is truly low. The cabinet will give way and it is very dangerous.

You are entitled to a full refund imo. If you are willing, I believe this community is going to stand behind you. I have bought defective 2nd hand items and even tank that leaked upon fill up before and the sellers were very steady to refund with no questions asked.

I believe my experiences are the norm rather than the exception,  cos the community is tight knit like that. Share the seller, lets see how we can proceed. 

• Like 7

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen

• SRC Member

Appalling ! If that seller had advertised this tank as "in good condition" or anything to such effect, I think any reasonable person would be as disappointed as you are ! Plainly dishonest.  

• Like 3

• SRC Member

Whoever took this tank, suggest to throw away the cabinet and remake a new one. That badly damanged cabinet WILL give way, just a matter of when.

Sorry to hear that TS encountered a dishonest seller. 

• Like 1

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

14 minutes ago, Evolutionz said:

Whoever took this tank, suggest to throw away the cabinet and remake a new one. That badly damanged cabinet WILL give way, just a matter of when.

Sorry to hear that TS encountered a dishonest seller. 

I agree with bro evo. The cabinet is made of mdf board which will give way sooner or later if soak up sufficient water.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

There are only so few rs nano on sale these few months...LOL.. I think the seller can jolly well change nick and change number already.. the community is small, once we know u are smelly, no washing will remove the stench... dare to do, dont be scared to admit, be a man do the right thing la...

• Like 1

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen

• SRC Member

It’s an unfortunate event. I PMed him advising him to reconsider his action. We wouldn’t want to discourage a new Reefer from starting the reefing journey. But...... no reply at all. Can moderator do something?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• Like 2

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

It's unfortunate that it happened to me. This fellow had MIA since Mar 2019 after cheated me on x2 hailea chillers. Telling me next month (Apr 2019) will pay up. Met him in FB and he's known as Zac. I have warned him a few days ago via FB chat that I'll lodged a police report and file for compensation since I have all the evidence. He responded within 5 mins and text me next month shall payup, as expected MIA again. Considering current economic situation, I'll give him till end of 1st week of Nov before I take on legal proceedings with him.

• Like 4

• SRC Member

Believe this is his profile on carousel. Made me an offer and after I accepted, wanna nego price by giving stupid excuses.  Thereafter went MIA.

DD985597-4517-47CD-B2BA-A06C14DACFB0.jpeg

• Like 1

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

Scammer should be pretty active with frequent log on here.. maybe to scour for his next victim. I am sure he is reading this thread. If more victims come forward and make a police report then he is GG. Just keep this thread alive so more people will be aware of this low life.

• Like 1

I have unpleasant experience with this person known as Zac Low as well. He had contacted me via Carousell and WhatsApp for my tank. He pretended himself to be an intern and trying to low-ball the tank. Later, I found that his identity in LinkedIn as a strategic development manager in a FnB company. From his Carousell profile, I have noted that he has been keep selling alot of similar tanks and equipments in the past. Thus, I suspected that he is a flipper instead of a genuine hobbyist.

I have decided to call off the deal. (I have been labelled as scammer by him because I decided to call off the deal. LOL!:rolleyes:) I am fortunate enough that I am skeptical and not to proceed the deal with him, else might end up like what the remaining bros have gone through.

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Hahahaha. Even if mod were to do smth about it. It's not gonna stop him from opening new account and do the same thing. Disgrace our community to the max. 

Agree super disgrace to the community. Agree that the mods can’t do much. But at least as moderators of this community maybe should address this situation now that there is more than just 1 victim? Agree that more may have suffered in silent.

• Like 1

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

6 hours ago, Zac said:

Agree super disgrace to the community. Agree that the mods can’t do much. But at least as moderators of this community maybe should address this situation now that there is more than just 1 victim? Agree that more may have suffered in silent.

ok zac lol