Red Sea Reefer Nano to giveaway

Senses

6 hours ago, Zac said:

Agree super disgrace to the community. Agree that the mods can’t do much. But at least as moderators of this community maybe should address this situation now that there is more than just 1 victim? Agree that more may have suffered in silent.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Hmmm. Actually. If the mod ready wants. They could have ban his mac address as well as ip. Just saying. Not sure if the kids will actually do smth about it. I really do hope they do. 

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Hmmm. Actually. If the mod ready wants. They could have ban his mac address as well as ip. Just saying. Not sure if the kids will actually do smth about it. I really do hope they do. 

Totally agree I hope they do something too.

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

29 minutes ago, MarcoVan said:

Can we post his nonsense onto his fb, LinkedIn and his Carousell account?

There’s smth telling me if you do the above, you’ll get your money back... cheers

Easier to just gather everyone and report police since he did scam some sellers into passing him things and he'll pay later. Sometimes. It's not the money that people have lost. Is the effort people have put into as well as trust. If I were to be the one that got cheated. I'll rather spend such little money and see this little a**hole burn in jail. 

• Like 1

• SRC Member
On 10/27/2020 at 11:37 AM, ReefAddict said:

@JJtheReeferare you the seller? i rmb you are selling one redsea nano. 

I personally have had a bad experience with this person. A couple of years ago, I had arranged to view his IM 20 tank. I asked if the tank had scratches or any aesthetic defects. He assured me that:

1. It was in very good condition

2. He said that if I could find a single scratch, he would give me the tank for free ! >< 

However, when I made the trip down, I saw that the tank was badly scratched in various places. Even worse, the black background sticker was peeling off the sides of the tank. He was not at home.

I later apologised to him for deciding not to go ahead with purchasing his tank. I highlighted that the tank was in bad condition, and not how it described it to be.

(Fyi: Although I could have brought up his promise to give me the tank for free, I did not.) 

To my surprise, even after I had apologised for deciding not to buy, he was very rude and scolded me for wasting his time! Clearly, it was I that had wasted my time, effort and travel expenses to view his tank that was not even remotely close to the condition he described it to be in.

Not a pleasant experience. 

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Good to know all his pattern slowly coming out through the sharing from fellow reefers... paper cannot wrap fire.. your low life antics always comes back to bite you..lol

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen

• Admin

Can the victims please PM us with your side of the story so that we can have a case against him, and if he didnt reply or do anything about it then we might take action.

• Like 5

• SRC Member

I believe some victims might feel that it is ok to just let it go, small amount of money and thinking of giving 2nd chances etc. But do bear in mind that leniency will be condoning or even encouraging this behavior. He got away with once, twice or even more attempt, then he wont stop. Think about his next potential victims, the loss might be just a little inconvenience to you but his next victim might not be so fortunate.
For example, if i am a newbie who unknowingly bought his defective tank or equipment under the impression that it is in good working condition, then an accident happen, maybe the cabinet gives way and injure someone, or start a fire, then each and everyone who chooses to keep mum and stay silent, then remember you have played a part in it too.

Cheers

• Like 1

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen

6 hours ago, Slimymadness said:

I believe some victims might feel that it is ok to just let it go, small amount of money and thinking of giving 2nd chances etc. But do bear in mind that leniency will be condoning or even encouraging this behavior. He got away with once, twice or even more attempt, then he wont stop. Think about his next potential victims, the loss might be just a little inconvenience to you but his next victim might not be so fortunate.
For example, if i am a newbie who unknowingly bought his defective tank or equipment under the impression that it is in good working condition, then an accident happen, maybe the cabinet gives way and injure someone, or start a fire, then each and everyone who chooses to keep mum and stay silent, then remember you have played a part in it too.

Cheers

I do agree with slimy. I strongly urge all victims to consider the benefit of our community as well as new or upcoming reefers. Your inconvenience now will bring good to both our community as well as upcoming new reefers whom are mainly of young age. Imagine young reefers who save their pocket money to get a 2nd hand set up and unknowingly reef in it. What kind of aftermaths is there for them to handle? Do you think their parents will allow them to continue reefing? Will our community be able to last without new reefers joining in hobby? Your little bit of time now and to bring him to justice will do many good instead of letting him get away and think everything is actually normal to over promise and outsell his own integrity for that little bit of money in return. Since the mods are doing something about it. Do play a part and pm the mods. 

Thank you. Good karma will come to you victims. And remember this is when the time karma strike for the predator. 

• Like 3

• SRC Member

He sold me a bubblemagus curve 5 with a faulty part also . Say he never tamper with it before. Claims he want to upgrade skimmer hence selling. Few days later saw his new post having a new same exact skimmer model in his sump. He must have used the money to get a brand new one.
IMG_4234.JPG
IMG_4235.JPG

• Like 2

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, BlueOnBlue said:

He sold me a bubblemagus curve 5 with a faulty part also . Say he never tamper with it before. Claims he want to upgrade skimmer hence selling. Few days later saw his new post having a new same exact skimmer model in his sump. He must have used the money to get a brand new one.
IMG_4234.JPG
IMG_4235.JPG

Please report your case to SRC as per above post from SRC moderator.

• SRC Member
Can the victims please PM us with your side of the story so that we can have a case against him, and if he didnt reply or do anything about it then we might take action.

Good call! Everyone please pm Moderator!

• Like 2

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170