Cycling of 2 feet tank

Weo

Hi, I am a new reefer, currently in the midst of cycling my 2 feet tank. I put in live sand using af biosand and cabrisea aragonite sand. How can I make the cycling go any faster and what to expect from it? As in do I need to wait for an algae bloom?

Also for aqua scape, I have some old corals but is it safe to use them? I also have some purple looking rocks which I bought from some guy from carousel. Any tips on aqua scaping?

The pic below is my 2 feet and my 1 feet tank.20201110_184412.jpeg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

If u use like dr Tim’s bacteria plus ammonia it takes maybe 1 week ..... but only you must do daily test..... to confirm all are fine before putting fish ..... but try hardy fish first clown or damsel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Is your live rocks placed on top the sand or on the bottom of the glass with some egg crate?

If you are keeping sand burrowing gobies, shrimps etc and if the live rocks is placed on top the sand, it will create instability of the live rocks.

Hi, I am a new reefer, currently in the midst of cycling my 2 feet tank. I put in live sand using af biosand and cabrisea aragonite sand. How can I make the cycling go any faster and what to expect from it? As in do I need to wait for an algae bloom?

Also for aqua scape, I have some old corals but is it safe to use them? I also have some purple looking rocks which I bought from some guy from carousel. Any tips on aqua scaping?

The pic below is my 2 feet and my 1 feet tank.20201110_184412.jpeg.7f64c17a0903dede696f26b128399a6b.jpeg

Equipment

• 60cm x 45cm x 50cm tank

• Chiller at 25 to 26 Celsius

• OASE Biomaster 250

• 75W lighting

• Jebao SOW-5M Wavemaker

• RODI water with 25% weekly water change

• no protein skimmer/ no calcium reactor

Livestock

▪︎2 Ocellaris Clown