Mushroom corals

coralreef

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

woon Ming ...see wat I found today at LCK again....really nice, seldom see such a piece...see the red in the centre?...........bull's eye?

post-7-1062342620.jpg

:off: I am adding extra padlocks :eyebrow::eyebrow:B) .....and putting infra sensors around the tank.....but seriously ...been to a few reefers' house this 2 weeks(in fact, went to solid reerer's house just yesterday :shock::shock::shock: )....jaw drop man...saw so many sps, beautiful clams and mushrooms.......sweat......my stuff are nowhere compared to them....(Trust me...no being humble here....)

They are so many good reefers around, they just haven't let you glimpse at their tank yet.... :)

:off:

anyway...post another group that I like a lot...I enhanced the coloration a little...but still very near the original color :)

post-7-1062383824.jpg

:off: I am adding extra padlocks :eyebrow::eyebrow:B) .....and putting infra sensors around the tank.....but seriously ...been to a few reefers' house this 2 weeks(in fact, went to solid reerer's house just yesterday :shock::shock::shock: )....jaw drop man...saw so many sps, beautiful clams and mushrooms.......sweat......my stuff are nowhere compared to them....(Trust me...no being humble here....)

They are so many good reefers around, they just haven't let you glimpse at their tank yet.... :)

:off:

anyway...post another group that I like a lot...I enhanced the coloration a little...but still very near the original color :)

ya agree... espceially boss's one :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

hi really need help here... juz got some mushrooms and placed them in the tank. tank cycled for full 2 weeks now.

when i put them in.. some of them started to 'bloom' but after a while started to 'throw their guts out'... now i think they are dead... seems pale to me.. :cry2:

someone pls tell me what to do...

• SRC Member
hi really need help here... juz got some mushrooms and placed them in the tank. tank cycled for full 2 weeks now.

when i put them in.. some of them started to 'bloom' but after a while started to 'throw their guts out'... now i think they are dead... seems pale to me.. :cry2:

someone pls tell me what to do...

2 weeks?thats pretty short.Did you test your water parameters before you added the livestock?My guess is that your tank has not completed cycling and adding LS to the tank will stress them out.

• SRC Member

thnx lots guys.. was really panicky juz now.. called up henry at ML to look for a shelter for the poor guys.. but henry said it's a normal reaction.. and it seems now that the shrooms are getting better.. so thnx really woonming.. if ever i get another emergency like this again at least i noe there is someone to call... thnx dude.. really..

• SRC Member

FireClown that is a yuma ricodea :)

soggy sorry to correct u on this ..

mushrooms almost never die. they are the hariest of the hardy corals

Which is very not true.. Yuma and Floridea are known to require basic lights and a slighty demanding toward the quality of the water .

euphoria : an exmaple below of a yuma ricodea there is little small round tips or like onghm said pimples on it's mouth ..

post-7-1063907033.jpg