I reckon this is the most ideal “space” to create this thread , should it violate any rules moderators are free to delete it .

Venturing into reefing have been nothing but a roller coaster ride. Up and down and at times I feel I’m actually preparing for my degree examination.

Understanding water parameters , various individual opinions , and also lastly , the heavy marketing of equipments .

I entered this hobby with zero guidance , zero knowledge and unfortunately with a impatient mentality . I look at my Google search history and unknowingly realise one of the most search initiated by me was how to cycle the tank as soon as possible when I clearly deny the truth that there is no shortcut and patience is all that I need .

I attempted to connect randomly with a few reefer online but unfortunately, not everyone share the same patience nor exhibit a bigger heart to guide someone new but I believe this is not the fault of anyone as time is of the Essence. 

To cut it short , I want to thank a few people who really make my 15 days journey into reefing a lot more comfortable . 

MOK from one of the LFS , for entertaining my numerous lame question , as well as staying over late at my place just to assist me in my setup . He defines customer service to another level .

Shaun also from one of the LFS , for being genuine and occasionally caving into my typical singaporean shopping Behavior (;

Last but not least , CY . For being the most helpful guy, and have always been so attentive and helpful to all my lame ass question , to delivering fish food , to testing my water parameter and donating the kit to me , to advising me genuinely even at late hours . He never once ignored my stupid question and always calm my paranoid mentality , and more importantly , he did all this when i was just someone who texted him online randomly. In this forum , he goes by the nick of CYKWAN , and for that I’m very very grateful .

barely a month into reefing and I came across a lot of opportunist, trying to rip me off knowing I’m a greenhorn .

I feel for this hobby to sustain , we really need the community to come together and share knowledges . After all , this is not a cheap hobby , and we all do not wish to fail but enjoy this Journey.

I hope one day , I’ll be in the position to pass on as much as I learn , and all I ask for , is a genuine friendship , or I won’t mind a cup of teh Peh with a crispy Egg onion prata (;

Again , Thank you to the people above . 

5BAF4320-0A0A-4C49-98F8-3D01B3A99461.jpeg

Edited by JamesT
  • Like 1

• SRC Supporter

Looking forward to updates! Welcome to the hobby.

However, I would suggest starting the thread in another section of the forum under "Members Tank & Specs". This is the best place to document your journey into this fun & interesting hobby. (https://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/forum/34-members-tank-amp-specs/)

• Thanks 1

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/