Clownfish irritating anemone?

ianmphua

• SRC Member

Hi, recently i’ve noticed my male clownfish aggressively forcing itself into the anemone and seems to be aiming for the rbta’s mouth. This has annoyed all the anemones and they have since closed up. Is this just a sign that the clownfish is maybe trying to host with the anemone? Hope to see if anyone else has experienced this issue before.

The first pic is the anemones opened up before this issue and the second pic is taken today after being annoyed by the clown.

IMG_1241.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

My maroon clownfish used to do it. And also bite the rbta tips off.  After that just gave up on rbta. 
someone did tell me before get a anemone bigger then the clownfish. This way the anemone isn’t affected by the clowns behaviour. Also sometimes the anemone takes some time to adjust to the clowns behaviour. 

• SRC Member
My maroon clownfish used to do it. And also bite the rbta tips off.  After that just gave up on rbta. 
someone did tell me before get a anemone bigger then the clownfish. This way the anemone isn’t affected by the clowns behaviour. Also sometimes the anemone takes some time to adjust to the clowns behaviour. 

I see, i hope my clown gives up soon because it’s constantly irritating the rbtas throughout the day and so they remain closed all the time. Initially I bought a large anemone but over time it split a few times to form smaller ones

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 2 weeks later...