Colouring up a sebae anemone

Matilda

So I have a white sebae anemone from ABA that’s been with me for about 3-4months already. It’s been hosting my clownfish and I’ve been feeding it small, cut pieces of prawn about 3-4 times a week. It’s still white and it doesn’t show any signs of it turning brown/tan. And it’s always been spread open and hasn’t been closed up in a ball since I’ve gotten it so I think it’s healthy.

Image1611027701.948933.jpg

How should I get it to colour up faster? I was thinking of doing carbon/vinegar/vodka dosing to increase the acetate levels for the zooxanthellae to use but I’m not too sure which to choose. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Thanks in advance!

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Honestly speaking i think this is its true colour already. Not too sure what other colors ure looking for so yea

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Hmmm I’ve been reading from forums that a white sebae is a bleached sebae! Normal sebae colours are usually brown/tan tho... so now I’m not too sure hahaha

6 hours ago, Muw said:

Yeah! I was wondering how I could get my anemone to become this colour! its more natural too :)

Did it take long for your anemone to become this colour? What did you do to help it get its colour (if you bought yours white/bleached)? 

• SRC Member

Yes. When it was pure white with purple tips when I bought it. This sort of like mid to low light and low flow in my tank. I ‘ve fed some shrimps and frozen fish food for a few weeks. Then I stopped feeding. It turned this colour after a couple of months

Yes. When it was pure white with purple tips when I bought it. This sort of like mid to low light and low flow in my tank. I ‘ve fed some shrimps and frozen fish food for a few weeks. Then I stopped feeding. It turned this colour after a couple of months

Ahh I see!! Thanks for your input!! :) Hopefully mine gets to the colour of yours soon!