RED SEA REEF CARE RECIPE

tetelestai777

Hi Everyone!

Happy CNY! Im new here and thinking of starting this new hobby. Im now doing some research before I purchase my equipments and other items!

I intend to keep soft corals only (and other livestock) for a 300 liter tank (thinking of getting Red Sea Reefer XL 300). Does any of you have any experience and success on using the RED SEA CARE RECIPE?

Below is the suggested water parameter, dosages, etc. Of course, it is all red sea products! In case you have better experience on other products/recipe, any recommendations? 

image.png.0b8de46fbcbaa233ff113797854458f3.png

• 1 month later...

Seems like quite a high-budget setup. I can offer some advice, but you probably know this if you've been researching: 

• Starting with corals straight away can be risky, make sure your tank is done cycling and chemistry is stable, algal blooms under control etc before you start dumping in high $$$ corals
  • Dosing will depend a lot on how many corals you have in your system and how quickly they are using up trace elements, so what is more important (to me) is regular monitoring and maintaining consistent parameters, instead of dosing without knowing how the water is changing

Imo from what I read Red Sea is great if you don't want to do so much research and and just have an all-in-one, but that also means you have less flexibility and freedom to explore what the kind of system you want to have. 

• SRC Member
33 minutes ago, Chromodoris said:

Dosing will depend a lot on how many corals you have in your system and how quickly they are using up trace elements, so what is more important (to me) is regular monitoring and maintaining consistent parameters, instead of dosing without knowing how the water is changing

This is true and very important. unlike baking cakes,  follow recipe to the letter in reefing is often more problematic than good in the long run. 

@tetelestai777 If you want to jump right in and learn "on the job" I would say redsea ecosystem is quite comprehensive. However I'm sure along the way, you may feel like tinker with it. That's how many of us learn.