Green Hair Algae

leeds

Hi fellow SRC members,

I have a RSR170 for close to 6 months now. Survived 1 crash then bought a UV, which helped a lot. I have biopellet, skimmer, UV running only. Relatively high bioload.

I have green hair algae growing since the tank started. I can say that i am past the phase of unstable parameters and now seeing 0 phos, 10 to 25ppm nitrate for probably 2 to 3 months now. kH is pretty low but i only keep GSP, 1 torch and 1 zoa - i know i should be starting dosing in order to better this. I've tried CUC (from snails and foxfaces)

I've tried to brush the GHA off the rocks but it grew back within a few days. Getting the SKIMZ cheato reactor to hopefully counter this!

can fellow reefers share how they successfully conquer the GHA issue? thanks in advance for sharing!

• SRC Member

I had Hair Algae and Bryopsis hammering my tank left right centre..  I purchased a fluconazole treatment and everything died off in a 4-5 days. Water change and cleared all the dead stuff while at it. Tank seems ok so far. As a precaution I add the fluconazole every month once with my water change.

You can google and read more on this if you're keen. The brand I used was: Bryopsis Buster. About $30. Good luck!

I had Hair Algae and Bryopsis hammering my tank left right centre..  I purchased a fluconazole treatment and everything died off in a 4-5 days. Water change and cleared all the dead stuff while at it. Tank seems ok so far. As a precaution I add the fluconazole every month once with my water change.
You can google and read more on this if you're keen. The brand I used was: Bryopsis Buster. About $30. Good luck!
i use fluconazole and all algae die off. do major WC. still after that need maintain nutrients

Sent from my SM-F700F using Tapatalk

• Like 1