Chiller Recommendations

• SRC Member

Hi All, so in recent days I realised that I might not be able to maintain the incoming tank without a chiller to manage the temperatures.  So I am looking to get one that is small in size, energy efficient and quiet.  Was looking at the Hailea ones, being the cheapskate I am, namely the HC-100A.  Can I get some thoughts from the members who have used this model?  

I am looking to get one for a RSR 200XL. 

• SRC Member
21 hours ago, Validator said:

Hi All, so in recent days I realised that I might not be able to maintain the incoming tank without a chiller to manage the temperatures.  So I am looking to get one that is small in size, energy efficient and quiet.  Was looking at the Hailea ones, being the cheapskate I am, namely the HC-100A.  Can I get some thoughts from the members who have used this model?  

I am looking to get one for a RSR 200XL. 

Get a 2nd hand artica 1/5 or 1/4 or a teco TK500. They should be priced around a brand new Hailea but perform way better.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

Hi all thanks for replying.  For he, is the hailea chiller i am aiming for noisy?  I Hope to get something with a not so noticable noise level.

To evolutionz, i am hoping for something with a small size footprint so that my wife won't kill me.