OceanLife Marine Habitat salt mix

Matilda

Has anyone used this salt mix for their reef tanks? I'm thinking of changing my salt mix from Red Sea Coral Pro to this OceanLife salt but I cant find much information or feedback on this salt besides it's basic parameters of Kh 9.6, Mg 1350 and Calcium 470. 

Any other opinions/advice/feedback on whether I should make the switch to this salt is also greatly appreciated! 

• SRC Member

Never used or heard this salt before. May i ask whats the reason to change?
costs? parameters? ease of mix?

I changed mine from royal nature salt to tropic marin pro due to mixing issue. i find royal nature salt tends to clump after a while, tropic marin pro mixes very well and easy after awhile although its more expensive.

End of day, salt is just salt, more expensive salts might have more QC in place which justifies its more expensive price tag.

So u gotta ask urself, whats the reason to change? Does this change justify the risk taken? If not, dont fix what aint broken :).

Got a youtuber use a salt change water and a lot corals die, he blame the salt, but i dont know whats the conclusion.

My opinion is to stick to those popular salts lah, in the unfortunate event u need to decom, den the salt more sellable loh, if its ulu brand think most reefers tend to stay away.

Hope it helps u! Just my 2 cents :)

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Never used or heard this salt before. May i ask whats the reason to change?
costs? parameters? ease of mix?

I changed mine from royal nature salt to tropic marin pro due to mixing issue. i find royal nature salt tends to clump after a while, tropic marin pro mixes very well and easy after awhile although its more expensive.

End of day, salt is just salt, more expensive salts might have more QC in place which justifies its more expensive price tag.

So u gotta ask urself, whats the reason to change? Does this change justify the risk taken? If not, dont fix what aint broken default_smile.png.

Got a youtuber use a salt change water and a lot corals die, he blame the salt, but i dont know whats the conclusion.

My opinion is to stick to those popular salts lah, in the unfortunate event u need to decom, den the salt more sellable loh, if its ulu brand think most reefers tend to stay away.

Hope it helps u! Just my 2 cents default_smile.png

Same! I never hear before also and I don’t know the other parameters except the KH, mag and calcium (lfs only told me these 3) haha

I’m looking to change salt because of costs and s5 is having a promotion for this salt so it’s slightly cheaper than other salts

But yeah probably will look into the more common brands!! just wondering if anyone has used it hahaha