Let's talk about combinations of Zoas for a Zoa Island

Validator

• SRC Member

Hi All, 

After some time my tank is finally going to be delivered today!  I know that I am still much ahead of this but I wanted to gather some ideas about creating that Zoa Island I wanted in my tank.  I will have a rock that I will have about maybe 4 to 5 types of Zoas on.  Looking to everyone to suggest some combinations of zoa types that are good contrasting colours to be included.  Some people suggest using a colour wheel but I am partially color blind so this is a problem. 

Hoping for the ones that are easy to keep, not too expensive.

If you can advise on which type of zoa will match best next to which zoa so much the better.  I invite pictures of your masterpieces but need to know which Zoa is which so that I can find them.

So Excited!

Hey! I also thought about contrast when i just started. So for example Red People eater / Magician Zoas. I will separate to one end to another. Try not to mix the same color together and it will ended up look perfectly fine!.

Do show us more of your update. You can see my zoas on my tank thread :) 

?do=embed&title=@floratiaracoral%20-%20M

• SRC Member

@Kenji, wow you have a really blue theme going.  Where did you get that frag rack from?  I was thinking of selecting a few zoa types and just let them grow inwards and outwards depending on where they are placed.

@Willy, nice works!  Yes I watched a youtube reefer who suggested using the colour wheel and use colours on opposite sides of the wheel to make the contrast.  Just that these zoa's are so colourful that it is hard to match.  your zoa rock seems to have have purple as a dominant colour.  What are some of the zoa's you have there?  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
On 7/28/2021 at 7:32 PM, equiox said:

No need color palette. Just dun put 2 same color side by side. 

InShot_20210629_104645445.jpg

Wow, very nice Zoas garden setup !

............................................................................................................................................

Feel free to visit my Aquarium blog @

http://taysaquarium.blogspot.sg/

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I am new in keeping Zoas and kind of wondering is there any criteria / specify considerations to determine the value of a particular Zoas ?

Such as:

1. Color  of a Zoas. Most colorful command for higher price ?

2. Rate of Zoas multiply. Which is related to the supply of Zoas ? Slow rate of multiply command for higher price ?

3. Size of Zoas. Bigger size command for higher price ?

etc. etc.

I look forward to any feedbacks :)

............................................................................................................................................

Feel free to visit my Aquarium blog @

http://taysaquarium.blogspot.sg/

• SRC Member

Can't answer the 3 of your questions. 

The price is based on market sentiments and historical transactions. 

Usually more difficult zoas corals are more pricey due to the rarity. 

Some ppl like to play collections and keep oddballs, some just buy based on color or price that they are comfortable. 

There are no hard rules as each reefers has their own style and choice - which makes the hobby unique.

Follow my instagram at https://www.instagram.com/reefparadisez

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...