Flowyocean

flowy

• SRC Member

Starting a thread to document my reefing journey, my tank is a 2nd hand tank previously owned by a veteran reefer Jarret also known as Tofubox

FTS of his tank before decomming, back in 2019

IMG_4368.JPG

IMG_2880.JPG

however, upon purchasing his tank i wanted to make a few upgrades and hence contacted CRA to do a few changes with the tank such as:

Adding of T-offs’, increasing the height of the water and adding an additional bracing to prevent salt splashes

Actual day of installation. (16/01/21)

E699C5D7-47D7-4C80-83B6-B279E771EC89.jpg

T-off for uv/gfo etc.

D50D5ED3-14C6-4822-B731-F31E629A96AF.jpg

T-off for chiller.

A456D14A-21A6-4F5B-9DEE-24FB61D62982.jpg

Doing the leak test

IMG_3044.JPG

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

Adding of old tank water (after mixing salt in new tank)
IMG_3045.JPG

Brought over all the media and continue dosing more bacteria (Personally, i do not recommend changing suddenly as it causes a huge imbalance to the tank chemistry) - lost quite a few sensitive specimens during the transfer

IMG_3048.JPG

Tank was stacked with frag racks as i use to grow alot of zoanthids on frag plugs. As i enjoy watching them grow out into mini colonies.

• SRC Member

After a week, i got some live-rocks from a friend and decided to load them up into the tank to introduce more beneficial bacteria to the system, however i felt that it limited the flow and caused lots of detritus built up and dead spots all over the tank.

0C211186-16FA-4F5C-9D3B-BE42D6F06653.jpg

• SRC Member

So i went to break the rocks apart and spent weeks doing up the new rockscape to something more commonly seen now, and after washing I immediately placed it into my tank, i regretted the decision as i introduced a huge phosphate (po4) spike when i added this new dried rock before curing it.

BEB04361-72BA-44E6-B852-C59BB550450B.jpg

IMG_3965.JPG

• SRC Member

This was the structure when it was added it, saw lots of diatoms built up immediately in days to come. Caused lots of imbalance to the tank and also lost quite a few zoanthids. Slowly started to glue the frags onto the rockscape and huge amounts of water change as advise from fellow reefers.

e58819a5-445a-44d9-92b1-e7a21beae533.jpg

• 1 month later...