Flatworm keeps coming back!

• SRC Member

I’ve tried dipping my coral and manually picking them out. After a month or so, new ones appear. Only on my torch coral.

Any ideas how to find the source and destroy? 827f4982638a148d5eacccd92fe17b5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

https://reefbuilders.com/2020/08/03/watch-out-for-a-new-more-damaging-euphyllia-flatworm/

I was having flatworm issue with my torch corals only.

I followed the recommendation to dip once a week for 8 weeks continuously and the problem went away.

Dipping once won't work as the eggs will not be affected. You need to break the life cycle of the flat worms.

• Like 1

• SRC Member
https://reefbuilders.com/2020/08/03/watch-out-for-a-new-more-damaging-euphyllia-flatworm/
I was having flatworm issue with my torch corals only.
I followed the recommendation to dip once a week for 8 weeks continuously and the problem went away.
Dipping once won't work as the eggs will not be affected. You need to break the life cycle of the flat worms.

Oh gosh the eggs looks super gross.. I see. Yes my torch has significantly shorter tentacles for the past weeks. Ok, will try weekly dipping.

How long do you dip your torches?

• SRC Member

I placed the torches on frag plugs on frag rack during treatment.. easy to take out for dips.

After 5th week, if consecutively 2 to 3 weeks no more flat worms seen during dip, you should be done.

• SRC Member
I placed the torches on frag plugs on frag rack during treatment.. easy to take out for dips.
After 5th week, if consecutively 2 to 3 weeks no more flat worms seen during dip, you should be done.

Ok will try :) I don’t see any eggs so far. Just wondering if they could be inside the coral.

• 1 month later...