How to get Chaeto to tumble

• SRC Member

Hi All,

I got a batch of Chaeto from a kind reefer a few weeks back.  I am using a tunze refugium light.

The light just manages to light the surface of the chaeto.  Then I repositioned the light to shine from the bottom.  Still the same issue of the amount of light reaching the chaeto further away from the light.  I noticed that some youtube videos show the chaeto tumbling and spinning.  They say that the tumbling effect is from the flow of the water but given the constraints I have, I was wondering if I can create the same effect with a spray bar or use a bubble curtain?  Anyone has tried these and how did you achieve it?  Using air or water?

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

May I know where you buy your tunze Refugium light ?

Hi All,
I got a batch of Chaeto from a kind reefer a few weeks back.  I am using a tunze refugium light.
The light just manages to light the surface of the chaeto.  Then I repositioned the light to shine from the bottom.  Still the same issue of the amount of light reaching the chaeto further away from the light.  I noticed that some youtube videos show the chaeto tumbling and spinning.  They say that the tumbling effect is from the flow of the water but given the constraints I have, I was wondering if I can create the same effect with a spray bar or use a bubble curtain?  Anyone has tried these and how did you achieve it?  Using air or water?
Thank you.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

Sorry All for the late reply.  Work took over.

Hi Luenny, what kind of pump are you using? If I am not wrong you are using a red sea 200 xl right?    I have the same sump so would like to see how you did your fuge and how to tumble.

Hi Kenji, I have limited space so can't have an algae reactor. :(

Hi Alvin, I got from FnM.  They are having a mid year sale but too bad no stock. https://www.freshnmarine.com/products/tunze-led-eco-chic-refugium?_pos=108&_sid=21cda44ef&_ss=r

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently many place no stock. Saw madpet have one last pcs 2 days ago.

Sorry All for the late reply.  Work took over.
Hi Luenny, what kind of pump are you using? If I am not wrong you are using a red sea 200 xl right?    I have the same sump so would like to see how you did your fuge and how to tumble.
Hi Kenji, I have limited space so can't have an algae reactor.
Hi Alvin, I got from FnM.  They are having a mid year sale but too bad no stock. https://www.freshnmarine.com/products/tunze-led-eco-chic-refugium?_pos=108&_sid=21cda44ef&_ss=r

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app