Had Enough of Ich in my DT!!!

• SRC Member

Finally decided that enough was enough. After losing my clowns to a series of ich and brook, I’m pulling the plug on my DT and running a 75 day struck fallow for the remainder of my inhabitants (1 green chromis, 1 bicolour blenny)

Going to be documenting my progress on a weekly basis. Will try to be disciplined about quarantining new arrivals in the future as well!

Fishless DT
Image1624467149.575817.jpg.433ff1cb0297cc6a8baf1afa2bccd127.jpg

Quarantine “Tank” with Cycled Media
Image1624467176.126982.jpg.9e0c871e249cb79a5bddaf0d4dbf0b3c.jpg

Medication - Seachem Paraguard
Image1624467192.409136.jpg.67c085509858bb8ef33744abeb7398ca.jpg

Left my skunk cleaner and pistol shrimps back in my DT cos I doubt they’d survive the copper treatment or serve as hosts for the ich.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

i juz completed my own ich battle. i was fortunate that i have no corals so i juz dropped my salinity to 1.009-1.01 for 5weeks. i lost a few fishes here & there but 80% survived. no chemical no uv... juz dropped salinity and stopped chiller to bring up the temperature.

i dropped the salinity over the course of at least 5 days. now slowly bringing back the salinity. will take my time as most studies show that fishes can handle dropping of salinity but cannot handle increasing that well.

again, once i add new fishes the problem may come back, but i m too lazy to set up QT.

the remaining fishes r eating and doing well now... hope i dont have to repeat this in the future...